How do I force agp x1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I force agp x1

My computer frequently locks up and I've heard that forcing agp x1 helps stop this.

on MatroxUsers File section there are reg. hacks for AGP forcing and other things...

Craig
    1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

Here's the URL.
      http://www.murc.ws/Utils.html

Download the "PD5 Registry Hack." Unzip the compressed files into a directory. In Windows Explorer, double click on the "ForceAGP1x.reg" file. This will modify your registry, and Windows should confirm this. Then just reboot.

If you continue having problems, come back. There are quite a number of fixes for lockups.

One thing you should do right away, that is, if you haven't done it already. Go into your system BIOS and change the AGP aperture size to 256 Mb. This seems to help a lot of people.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

thanks I tried the hacks. I already tried 256 it made it more unstable then 128.

Comment

Can you post your system specifics, and an IRQ list. And maybe a description of your problem, maybe there is a problem.

Rags

Comment

Working...
          X