DualHead DvDMax Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DualHead DvDMax Help

I have my dual head set up with my TV through a monster cable, and whenever I play dvds the size of the playback is a little off, and the picture seems to fade. The colors fade out, and the colors get all wrong. The fading happens in the same places in the same scenes every time, so I think it might be macrovision protection or something. However I have tried to use different software decoders, but then I have to set the playback window on my monitor to default size, and I can't minimize it, or else it doesn't play right. My Tv is a combo tv and vcr together, so it could be macrovision, but there has to be a way around it. I have tried everything. Please help!!

The Wizard

edit: I have searched the forums, and found that it definitely sounds like a macrovision thing, but I also noticed something else. Seems that people say that the dvd playback doesn't have the black bars in it??
    When I play a dvd I have been able to get one of two things, either a stretched vertically picture on the tv, with some black on the top and bottom, or I can set it so it shows the true letterbox format, with the normal size screen, but huge black bars on the top and bottom, what am I doing wrong???

[This message has been edited by TheWizard (edited 10 November 1999).]

update, also to give my entire config:

soyo 6ba +IV mb
    128mb pc133 ram
    pentium 3 450
    matrox g400 dh 32mb
    pioneer 10x 104s dvd drive
    sb Live value second edition sound card
    intel NIC
    monitor and speakers

Comment

If this TV is a VCR/TV combo, then ya, its Macrovision. The only way around this is a video stabilizer. I personally ordered this one: http://st1.yahoo.com/direct/dvdvidstab.html

I have not received it yet, but from what Ive heard, this solves all the problems.

Comment

Working...
      X