Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is a new version of OPENGL for NT4 coming out ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is a new version of OPENGL for NT4 coming out ?

I've asked this before, but maybe someone knows something we don't. I see plenty of win98 updates all the time but nothing for NT, come on matrox how hard is it to convert an opengl driver for 98 to NT ?
    nearly 3 months since the last update.

I agree whit you it's very frustrating. I can anderstant that drivers for W2K are not ready. But why not a driver update for NT. It seem that Matrox is planing the G400 for gamers only(because gamers use only W98) ?

------------------
    Loock gay's hah I'm a MURCer and sorry for my english
    My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
    --------------
    I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
    (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
    Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

Space7, why bring out drivers for a product (Win2k) that's not been finished yet?? Matrox will release the Win2k drivers when Win2k is out on the market. And even then they might still be beta-drivers, for no-one knows what final (buggy) version of Win2k will be released.

About the translating of Win98 drivers/OGL to WinNT drivers/OGL: They're a totally different kettle of fish.

Jorden.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Jorden:

Space7 is saying he can understand why there's no Win2k drivers, but no recent NT4 ones. I think.

------------------
        The Rock
        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed."
        -- Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by The Rock (edited 09 November 1999).]
        Bart

Comment

Jorden: One thing about w2k can be said. It will be the best, most stable windows release ever! Microsoft has poured more money and resources into it than you can imagine. The reason they keep delaying it is they want to ship it has bug free as possible. That is how ALL software companies should operate. Don't let marketing decide when it is time to release. The reason so many of us are anxious as hell to get video drivers is we us w2k everyday and know how much better it is than w9x or NT. And I am getting very tired of people spouting off around here about matrox not having drivers because it's a beta os. That is ludicrous! So by that reasoning windows2000, w98, etc. should ship with no drivers for any devices??!?

------------------
          Get Paid to Surf the Web! <A HREF="http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=CBM-295
          " TARGET=_blank>http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=CBM-295
          </A>
          Asus K7V
          Athlon 700
          128mb PC133 HSDRAM
          Matrox Millennium g400max
          Adaptec 2940U2W
          IBM 9gb U2W
          Plextor 8/20 cdr
          Diamond MX300
          3com 905b-tx

Comment

i agree

Comment

mj12,
              This is MicroSoft you're talking about, right? It almost sounds like you're confusing them with the folks over at Debian...
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

The beta versions of Windows 2000 have been as stable, if not more stable, than NT4 for the last 6 months. I don't see why the release would be a regression.

MS is really putting everything into this OS. I mean, they even gave me a Cassiopea E105 as a reward for making our software compliant with W2K!

I consider the "let's wait and see" game that some manufacturers are playing utter stupidity.

Paul

Comment

At this time I couldn't care less about W2K -it's not yet ready for deployment-, but the bare NT4 support would only make sense if there were signs of a shift to W2K efforts.

P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Have some problems with your warez copy on non HCL compliant hardware Scytale?

On what grounds do you make a statement like "it's not yet ready for deployment"?

Paul

Comment

LOL.

It's labeled beta, so MS does not consider it ready for deployment.
                      And even when it gets final status, most companies will not consider it ready for deployment until at least service pack 3 becomes available and a gazillion potential security issues have been addressed. A matter of cost of ownership and security.

On a personal level, I'm not yet interested in running W2K either. I have come to avoid MS beta software, especially beta operating systems. There's nothing to gain for me, yet.
                      P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Actually, it's labeled "release candidate 2" now, not beta. I have RC2, it's very stable, and I doubt there will be very many changes between RC2 and the final release, on Feb 17. They actually go to RTM (release to manufacturers) in about a month, so they really don't have much time to make any huge changes anyways.

Comment

Sure. Find: "beta", Replace: "release candidate" Or vice versa.

Comment

Scytale, you spend too much time on ZDNet. Don't have a Mac by chance?

Paul

Comment

I think it just has left the building ...

http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/files/nt4_431.htm

------------------
                              Cheerio,
                              Maggi

Home rig:
                              Celeron333A @ 500MHz
                              Asus P2B-S @ 100MHz FSB
                              2x 128MB CAS2 SDRAM
                              Matrox G400 @ 150/200MHz core/mem clock
                              ... and some other goodies ...

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                              Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                              be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                              4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                              2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                              OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                              4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                              Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                              Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                              LG BH10LS38
                              LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
                              X