P3BF+G400+sblive+pci DSP modem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P3BF+G400+sblive+pci DSP modem

This is just to let anyone know of some problems I have found and a way to correct if you get into this situation:

Just installed new mobo today, spent 4 hours pulling my hair out and drinking many beers.

Got conflicts with G400 and sblive with sblive in any pci slot but #2, then conflicts with sblive and pci DSP modem (rockwell chipset) in any pci slot but #4.
    Just to let you know what kind of conflicts, first 1 with G400 and sblive, started up computer to no screen at all, I mean black screen! Took me a while to get that 1 figured out, the less serious 1 with modem and sblive, just caused static on speakers and games ran real slow.

Note: tried every single combination of cards in slots and nothing works but this 1.
    System is ok, and working perfectly now.
    While this was going on, I had thought the mobo was bad or G400 had failed.

I hope this helps someone.
    BTW, bios and all drivers are current.

Other system spec's are:
    WD 6.4 gb hd
    P3500 not o/c'ed yet
    USB microtek x6 scanner
    internal zip
    48x cdrom
    HP 712c

Derek
    Wishing for snow, want to go skiing so bad its killing me.

Hmm...

My SB Live! value is put in PCI5 and it shares the same IRQ with EEPro100 & USB...

So I think the main problem might come from the IRQ and PCI memory address which either BIOS or Windows assigns to PCI devices. As I know, some adapters or their drivers prefer some specific IRQ and PCI memory address range...

------------------
    Celeron 300P@558/2.0v, P3B-F, G400DH/32MB
    P4-2.8C, IC7-G, G550

Comment

Working...
    X