Let the problems begin!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the problems begin!!!!

Thank you to Scompracer and Agent31 for replying to my post! This truely is a great group of people!

Now on to the sad news. I installed my g400max today following the advice in the manual and the posts. I Deleted all my diamond drivers and removed it from device manager. Powerd down Installed my g400max and selected the standard vga adapter. The card worked fine in vga mode! Then I Ran the powerdesk 5.30 exe. the turbo gl drivers scanned my hard drive and froze halfway threw? I had to ctrl-alt-delete. Once rebooted the computer boots up entirely but I cant access anything on my desktop or task bar. But I can move my mouse arounnd?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pentium III 500
    Intel tabor II mobo
    Phoenix Bios (Just updated)
    128mg ram
    IBM 14.4G UATA66
    2 IBM 18.2G UATA66 Using Promis Fastrack66
    Controler card in Raid 0 array
    Diamon Viper 550 AGP (Being Replaced R.I.P)
    Quantum 3d Obsidian SX-24 (Voodoo 2)
    Pioneer 103 dvd
    Phillips CDD3610 CDR
    Diamond MX300 sound card
    Windows 98SE (Latest updates done)
    DirectX 7
    HP 4100 CSE scanner
    HP DeskJet 712

The G400 TurboGL driver does not work with a Voodoo2 or Obsidian. Take it out, reinstall drivers, try again.

Comment

I second that...

Comment

To get it running, try removing the drivers in safe mode, then reinstalling.
        You will either need to loose the obsidian, or say no when the driver install asks if you want to install the TurboGL. The cards will exist together, but not with TurboGL.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

red's incompatability tip would be good news for you (sort of).
          Next time, try switching to standard vga. Then reboot safe mode and remove old drivers. Then install new card. Good Luck!
          BTW. You'd think a MAX would eliminate the need for a voodoo.
          abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
          g400 max-
          256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
          dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
          Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

You mean you can't have a Voodoo 2 card and a G400 MAX in the same computer?

That really blows. I was planning on getting a G400 or even a MAX, however I was also planning on keeping my V2 SLI in the computer.

The Matrox does not function properly with all games. A good example is Tribes. I love playing Tribes, so I'd have to keep my Voodoo 2s since the G400 appears not to work with it.

Comment

No, as I said, the cards will work together.
              It's just the TurboGL that won't work with the voodoos, so you would have to use the regular G400 ICD instead.
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

And to add to what Kruzin said, the normal ICD performs fine with the major OpenGL games, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Rags

Comment

OK Gentelmen and posibly ladies!

I removed the obsidian and all drivers booted into safe mode removed the matrox in device mgr and the 5.30 utility w the uninstall utility. rebooted put G400 using standard vga adapter rebooted. re-installed the 5.30 drivers and tubo gl and again the turbo Gl scan locked up. I ctrl-alt-deleted the machine reeboted and everthing was fined till the 5.30 folder showed up on the screen and the entire thing locked up again. Any thoughts? Tried calling tech support but they are closed.
                  Thanx by the way for all your help so far!

Comment

this is just the same sort of thing that was happening to me. The car dwould run fine as long as i did'nt open or close too many windows or try and install something. The computer would just sit there looking at me. I could move the mouse but clicking did nothing. the nly way out was a reboot.

I now run the card in agpx1 only and the problem doesn't happen anymore. Get the reghacks, install the drivers, shutdown and restart in safe mode and then select force agp x1 from the reghacks. reboot and hey presto! i say to change the reg settings in safe mode because that's the only time you can guarantee your card won't lock up while your doing it.
                    1st system

Athlon AXIA Y 1Ghz @ 1.40Ghz, coolermaster hsf, Elite K7s6a, 512 MB Crucial DDR RAM, 20GB IBM 7200RPM Hard drive, Radeon 8500le 64mb, SB Audigy, 3 com 10/100NIC, 300w PSU, midi tower, FPS 1600 Surround, Belinea 17" monitor, Intellimouse explorer USB

System 2

Athlon TB 1.4 @ 1.5, Zalman Flower in silent mode, Elite K7S6A, 768MB DDRAM, Ati Radeon 8500le 64mb ddr, SB Audigy, 3Com 10/100NIC, 80GB IBM 7200rpm, Liteon 16 speed DVD, Lite-on 24102b CDRW, Songcheer Superwide, USB scanner, Intellimouse explorer, Microsoft keyboard, 19in iiyama Monitor, FPS1600

system 3
                    Abit ST6 RAID, Celly 1.2 @1.4 ,512MB SDRAM, Zalman Flower HSF noisey mode, ATi Radeon 8500le, SBLIVE, 3com 10/100 NIC, 80GB Seagate barracude HDD, 40GB IBM120GXP, 60GB IBM60GXP,Extra highpoint controller card, 16x Pioneer DVD, Pioneer DVR-104 DVD-RW, ATX Full tower case. 300w psu, 17in LG monitor, 20in Samsumg telly, epson stylus colour 880, 200W RMS Surround sound amp with Mission M71 Speakers.

System 4
                    Elite K7S5A, Duron 1.0, 128mb sdram, Coolermaster hsf, 80GB 120GXP IBM, Liteon 16x DVD, Radeon 7200 64MB DDR, SBLIVE.

Linksys 4 port router/firewall

512k Cable modem. nice

Comment

Isn't it nice MS gave us a way to remove the bad? Hail Microsoft. No, wait. I take it back. They make you screw up to get that feature unless your cpu is slow enough for you to actually catch an 'F8'.

------------------
                      k6-3 450 @500 - tyan 1590s bios 1.16 - wdac310100 - g200 mill sgram w/8mb upgrade & bios 2.6-20 PD 5.25 - AGP1x - 128MB 10ns sdram - sblive value 2.1 - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access (28.8k for emergencies) - win98 service pack 1 + 2
                      dx7

abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
                      g400 max-
                      256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
                      dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
                      Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

Working...
                      X