Problem with Matrox DVD Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Matrox DVD Player

Hi, u guys here do a great job helping people with their problems, and you also have great senses of humour!

Well, could ya help me out, please??

I have the Cinemaster DVD player w/ 2.0.36 Engine and this message comes up everytime i start the player.
    <HTML>

</HTML>
    I don't think i have a kernel debugger running on my system (what the hell is a kernel debugger!?!?)
    Anyway, could you help me, it really gets annoying sometimes.

thanx in advance, Qeteb.

[This message has been edited by Qeteb (edited 09 November 1999).]
    Hey, this is a neat place where i can write private stuff, right?

Good, then i would like to say........ Hi mom!!!!

I have the exact same problem, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also cannot enable software deinterlace with region selector, I get an error message saying that an error has occurred in module cinmst32.dll or something like that!

Thanks in advance
    System:
    Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
    AMD Thunderbird 800
    SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
    Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
    LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
    IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
    Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
    WinME
    directx 8.0a
    384mb pc133

Comment

Guys, is this off a clean reboot? Is this with the original Cinemaster engine that comes with Matrox?

I've had that problem before, but a reboot seems to solve it...One other thing. When you hit CTRL-ALT-DEL, what programs are currently being run?

Larry

Comment

Guys, is this off a clean reboot? Is this with the original Cinemaster engine that comes with Matrox?

I've had that problem before, but a reboot seems to solve it...One other thing. When you hit CTRL-ALT-DEL, what programs are currently being run?

Larry

Comment

I've had that problem as well, it has happened at least once every time I install it, and if I have other players installed it comes up repeatedly.

Comment

I had the exact same problem with the 2.0.36 engine. I think the best engine to use is the one that came with the installation disk. However if you are trying to fix the Matrix DVD, you can use the original engine and then copy the file dvdpld32.dll from the 2.0.36 engine to your windows/system directory. This will make the Matrix special features accessible from the original engine. I actually learned that trick from this forum.

I think this will also fix problems with Blair Witch, but I haven't tried it with that extremely non-frightening movie yet.

------------------
            Give me back my hand...
            Give me back my hand...

Comment

Have you got Delphi or any other programming software on your computer? I had Delphi and got the same message..

------------------
              --
              System:
              P3-450@600, G400MAX, 24 Gigs of drives, 128 RAM, SBLive!

--
              System:
              P3-450@600, G400MAX, 35 Gigs of drives, 256 RAM, SBLive!

Comment

I have problems running the Matrox DVD player for other reasons (ie. my damn cpu is too slow), but if it doesn't run choppy (if you can get it to work), you might want to try another DVD player. If you have the sys resources, try Power DVD maybe. The problem I have is it takes a faster comp than I have (K6 - 300) and a lot of RAM.
                "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Do you have VisualC++ installed? That might qualify as a debugger in their terms. Too bad they don't know it doesn't matter now: DVD (CSS encryption) has already been cracked.

-Wombat
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Wombat,

I recently reinstalled Windows, with no applications installed, just the normal windows drivers, I installed the Matrox DVD player from the CD, no updates, and at the end of the install the error came up. This happened to be under Win95, I've had the error under Win98 as well. Rebooted and it worked fine, well as fine as it can work.

Comment

Working...
                    X