Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haig/BBoys, any known bugs info for next PD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haig/BBoys, any known bugs info for next PD?

Can you (beta boys apply too) give us any pre-information about known or reproduced bugs that are going to be addressed (or atleast noted) in next release of PD? For just to make sure, that all the current problem issues get noted.

-Tumu
    Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.4),
    64MB PC100 RAM, nVidia TNT2 32M (was G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM), SB Live! Value LW3.1, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
    Win98 finnish

Because of the nature of our NDAs we can only answer specific questions. Such as 'Is the green cursor problem in so and so game fixed?'.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

...and since the next drivers are still in a beta form, I doubt there is any way we can predict what the final build is going to be like, as each build addresses more issues...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Ok, here's a specific question: "Do they actually work?"

Comment

Is the green cursor problem fixed in So & So game fixed?

Comment

I have a serious quesion. Have SQA learnt their lesason and are they going to start to listen to what you guys have to say before they make a release? You've gotta admit they let some real booboo's slip through lately that even a chimp shopuld have spotted. Surely giving you guys 24 hours on the final version before it hits the Net makes sense.

Comment

They need to fix the texture corruption bug that appears in Unreal, Rayman 2, Trickstyle, and a couple other games. I told R0M about it, even sent him a sample, hopefully they can figure it out by the next release.

[This message has been edited by rickn (edited 05 November 1999).]

Comment

Some of you Beta Boys probably noticed a message I posted in the Games forum about enabling support for X-Plane (Can't get the demo at www.x-plane.com to load without crashing). I would be grateful if you would put a word in on that title with Matrox, as the company that produces that flight simulator has a special deal on the full version (50 bucks off) that will be expiring on December 1st. I need to be able to know if this title will ever run on the G400 before I plunk down some serious cash on it. I did some searching on the WWW for other people's experiences with X-Plane and the G400's, and others are saying it just wont run at all with this combo. Those that have requested support from X-Plane's tech support have been told that it's Matrox's issue to sort out with it's OpenGL drivers. Time is running out, and I am desperate for some sort of resolution, hehehe. As far as I know, Matrox may already be looking at this issue, but I just wanted to cover all the bases. Thanks for your time/s

Comment

I have a question - is Matrox still activly working on speeding up the OpenGL drivers (and I don't meen the TurboGL - I mean the ICD that non P3 people use)?

Comment

Hmmm...lessee...

Ant- We do get the drivers before they are released. Not sure which "real booboos" you're reffering to exacactly, but some things slip past this group of chimps too

rickn- Texture managment is something they are always tweaking on. It's usually one of the first things we're asked to check out when new betas are built. Whether or not all of these issues will be resolved by the time of the next public release, only time will tell...

enKoDed- I'm not familiar with that game...but I assure you, if you told r0m about it, he is looking into it. Any time anyone mentions the slightest game glitch to him, he is all over it...

adamhamilton- Oh yea. I still run a P2, and have seen improvements in performance with the latest beta. They will not forget the full ICD, as the TurboGL is too limited to rely on for real OGL support.

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Well for example, the faster OpenGL ICD that wasn't faster because they had enabled VSync by default where all previous versions had it disabled. You guys didn't test that version before it was released. I don't know if any of you test the Video Tools but in the latest version the PC-VCR software doesn't work unless it's installed in the default directory.

Comment

What about DVD output on the second monitor (in DH multimon)? Also, how about fixing the DVD player so that it doesn't complain at resolutions above 1280x960x24?
                        Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Pentium III 450 @ 504, 128MB CAS 2 SDRAM, Matrox G400
                        MAX, Sony CPD-G500, Sony GDM-17SE2T, Sound Blaster Live MP3+, NetGear
                        FA310TX 10/100 NIC, IBM 9ZLX 9GB 10,000 RPM LVD Drive, BusLogic 958
                        Ultra Fast/Wide SCSI Controller, Pioneer DVD-303s 6X DVD-ROM, Toshiba
                        6102B 32x CDROM, Yamaha 4260t CD Writer,
                        Linux (Primary OS), Win98, and Win2K

Comment

Ant- The video tools get tested by another beta group that doesn't hang out in this forum too much. I'd be happy to test them...send me your Marvel or RR-G .

And with that ICD (several releases ago), we did test that one....but we all also run with our vsynch disabled anyway, so we didn't see any slowdown...and when other people where here complaining, we where here to tell em how to do it

Grimace- Both issues are known about. I started bitching about the color depth/res/DVDMax thing the day I got my card. That one is an issue with the player, not the drivers. Ravisent (this weeks owner of Cinemaster) says it will be addressed in a future update...

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 05 November 1999).]

Comment

Kruzin... Thanks for the reply. I don't mean to keep harping on it (DVD output on the second monitor) but this is the first confirmation that Matrox is aware of the problem. Thanks for that...
                            Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Pentium III 450 @ 504, 128MB CAS 2 SDRAM, Matrox G400
                            MAX, Sony CPD-G500, Sony GDM-17SE2T, Sound Blaster Live MP3+, NetGear
                            FA310TX 10/100 NIC, IBM 9ZLX 9GB 10,000 RPM LVD Drive, BusLogic 958
                            Ultra Fast/Wide SCSI Controller, Pioneer DVD-303s 6X DVD-ROM, Toshiba
                            6102B 32x CDROM, Yamaha 4260t CD Writer,
                            Linux (Primary OS), Win98, and Win2K

Comment

On the subject of the DVD player, who should DVD player issues be directed to? The reason I ask is that there is a problem with the Divicore/Ravisent player and the Matrix special menu option. I posted this problem to Matrox and didn't get a reply (must be busy). Ravisent replied and said it would be fixed in a later release. Hower since the version supplied for Matrox is Cinemaster98 and Cinemaster99 has already been released (and fixes the problem) when will we see the Matrox official update, if at all? I have since found (and posted) a fix to the problem myself. I guess Haig and you BB boys pick stuff like this up?

Abit BX6r2
                              Pentium III 450
                              128 SDRAM (non ECC)
                              13GB WD HD
                              SB Live Value liveware3
                              EtherLink III NIC

Comment

Working...
                              X