G400 TV audio recording problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 TV audio recording problem

I can record video fine either from a SVHS tape deck or as video output from a Kodak 210 digital camera, and I can hear the sound from my speakers, but I get no indication on the record level meters in Cinema even when I import a clip or file from a CD and am not dependent on the line in jack in my sound board. On playback the sound is barely audible, about -50 dba on a deck w/meters. I have reloaded win98 and updated to the most recent Vortex drivers, line in is not muted. Volume can also be controlled from the knob on my HP keyboard. Any ideas?

------------------
    CJ7 SYSTEM HP8500 PIII 500, MARVEL G400TV 16 MEG, 128 MB, 20 G UDMA HDD, 3.1 G HDD, 8X DVD, CDR/RW, SB VORTEX 8830, ISA SCSI FOR HP 4C SCANNER, WIN98, K56 FLEX V.90 DSVD
    CJ7
    SYSTEM: HP8500 PIII 500, MARVEL G400TV 16 MEG
    128 MB, 20 G UDMA HDD, 3.1 G HDD, 8X DVD, CDR/RW
    SB VORTEX 8830, ISA SCSI FOR HP 4C SCANNER
    WIN98, K56 FLEX V.90 DSVD

Try setting the Control Panel/Quicktime settings to;

Sound In: your audio card
    Sound Out: your audio card at 44.1khz, 16 bit stereo.

Write down your old settings in case this doesn't work.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I checked my Quicktime settings, I don't have the same choices, but I suspect they are ok, just different. I am able to record now with recorded levels over my speakers ok when playing back a recorded track.

I now seem to have the same problem as others in these forums: low audio level to the VCR, at least -40 db even when I bypass the Break Out Box (BOB). In addition the record level "meter" in Avid Cinema has yet to register, I really need it to set sound levels.

Man, I wish the sound board guys would publish REAL specs with freq response and s/n ratio on each input with sensitivity and output level stated like it is on all real audio equipment.

Are there known problems with the Vortex 2 (by Aureal) sound board vs G400 TV? Does anyone have that combo successfully set up? Help!!!

------------------
      CJ7

CJ7

Comment