VCR Rf-OUT to RR-G Tunner ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCR Rf-OUT to RR-G Tunner ?

I have tried to connect my VCR using its Rf-OUT. Surprisingly, the RR-G Tunner could not tune on to this signal. Same cable works fine on a normal TV set .. ? Any ideas, please ?

-----------------------
    PIII500, 64MB, 10.1 GB IBM 7200rpm,
    G400DH, 32MB + RR-G

NTSC? PAL? VCR is set to what channel? VCR/TV switch on VCR on? Correct input mode under TV-VCR? Other sources (like antenna or cable TV) work OK?

We need more to go on, here...

Comment

VCR is PAL I believe. Other sources like TV aerial and cable TV work fine. VCR is perfectly connected to RR-G through S-Video output/input, and works as well. However trying to connect the RF OUT to the RR-G didn't work. If I plug the same cable to normal TV set - no problems. I was looking for manual tunning of RR-G - could not find it .. ?

Relevant hardware information follows
      RR-G UK PAL version ( VCR is also UK PAL)
      iPIII 450Mhz
      64MB RAM, 10 GB IBM,
      Mistique G200 8MB

Thanks
      -----------------------
      G400DH, 32MB + RR-G

Comment

Hi

I have the same problem - taking the output from the VCR (only output is coax), the tuner does not pick the VCR feed up as a station.

As with you, running the feed to a tv works perfectly.

I manually found it on Channel 42 but get the sound only - there is a vague outline of an image with some horizontal sync problems if I turn the brightness up to max but that's it...

I tried the VideoTracker utility but none of the settings seem to make any difference at all?

Does anyone have any idea how we can tune in and record Video output from coax?

Cheers

Comment

What about tunning the RF output - there should be screw on the backside or something in VCR's menu (because output can be tuned to the border of band). Just try watching some channel on RRG and tune VCR.
          [Anything like composite is better then RF...]

RC

RC

Comment

Thank you for your answers,

I tried to tune the RF-OUT itself ... no effect ... RR-G still can't find it, and TV set still see it perfectly ...

Could any one tried this successfully ?
            -----------------------
            G400DH, 32MB + RR-G

Comment

Well I've found a solution to this - bought a new VCR at the weekend and the PC/VCR autotuning picked it up perfect no problem on Channel 40

Not the cheapest solution but at least it works and now I can capture...

Prior to this I tried editing the registry values but never got the picture any better/more visible.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
              X