Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just wonder if hit sinck in the memory help...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just wonder if hit sinck in the memory help...?

I just have an idea it may seem stupid but you ting trying to put heatsink to G400 memory chip will improve the overclockibility? I don't now if someone tryed this. If so you can say what is the improvement of the overclockiblity ? Of I already ad fan to the G400

------------------
    Sorry for my English.
    A G400 in a new G4 have wing's
    My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
    --------------
    I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
    (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
    Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Putting a heatsink (or fans .. or peltiers .. or whatever crazy thing people are doing today) isn't a new idea. I haven't seen anything specifically related to how much it helps the G400's overclocking, but if you want to, give it a shot. Ya never know without trying.
    The thing is though, my G400 doesn't get hot, even overclocked to 120%, which i'd imagine is just about the breaking point. So adding a heatsink might not do anything. if your memory chips are hot to the touch though, it can't hurt.

------------------
    P3-450@558mhz@2.1v, ABit BE6, 128megs 7.3125ns PC133 SDRAM, SB Live! Value, G400 32meg Dualhead (@120%), Acer ALN-201 PCI 10bT NIC, 6.5gig Seagate Medalist Pro 7200rpm, 13gig Quantum Fireball CR, Yamaha 4416e Burner, Pioneer 10x DVD-ROM, Panasonic e70 17" Monitor, Antec KS-188 24" Tower, 6 year old Honeywell-SUH 101key Keyboard, Logitech Trackman Marble+

P3-450@558mhz@2.1v, ABit BE6, 128megs 7.3125ns PC133 SDRAM, SB Live! Value, G400 32meg Dualhead (@120%), Acer ALN-201 PCI 10bT NIC, 6.5gig Seagate Medalist Pro 7200rpm, 13gig Quantum Fireball CR, Yamaha 4416e Burner, Pioneer 10x DVD-ROM, Panasonic e70 17" Monitor, Antec KS-188 24" Tower, 6 year old Honeywell-SUH 101key Keyboard, Logitech Trackman Marble+

Comment

hey space7,
      I did the heatsink on the memory trick (both sides of the card), before: I couldn't get over 200 memory speed, after: I can get to 210 before the funny lines start
      jim
      System 1:
      AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
      Epox 8K7A
      2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
      an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
      SBLIVE 5.1
      Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
      IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
      Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
      3Com Hardware Modem
      Teac 20/10/40 burner
      Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Echo you are rite for the G400 it seem that the heatsink on the G400 is not even hot. But the problem is that this heatsink is to beg to now how the G400 go hot by just tuching it. I ting that bieng 0.25 micron chip don't prevent to became worm. But are you tryied to toch the memorie's ther are hot ennaf when you overclock the card.

------------------
        Sorry for my English.
        My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
        --------------
        Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

durango tanks. I ting I gonna try whit heatsink of DSP chip.

------------------
          Sorry for my English.

Osho
          --------------

Comment

space7, in order for those h.s.'s to work, there has to be good air movement over them, I put a "blo-hole" in the side of my case with a case fan pointing between the vid card, cpu and ram, blowing in
            jim

------------------
            PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
            128mb pc-100
            Mill G400 (YAHOO!!!) 32mb @ 165/205 with MGATweak-410mhz, 2.5, 2), PD 5.30 & bios 1.5-22
            Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
            SB Live!
            Winblows 98se & DX7
            32 lbs. of fans, heatsinks and aluminum ductwork
            3DMark Result 5954.69 3DMarks
            Synthetic CPU 3D Speed 9325.69 CPU 3DMarks
            Rasterizer Score 2791.72 3DRasterMarks
            Game 1 - Race 65.07 FPS
            Game 2 - First Person 54.89 FPS
            Fill Rate 268.79 MTexels/s

System 1:
            Epox 8K7A
            SBLIVE 5.1
            IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
            3Com Hardware Modem
            Teac 20/10/40 burner

Comment

Hah I alredy finish my job. I'ts a masterpice. I wich to have a scaner to chow'it to enibody. DuRaNgO. I put a big metal plak to the ader side of the G400 trou the memory and I yoused little plastic ting's gloued around the G400 to preventing the plac to toch the sircutry and bisyed that I pout two big celeron heatsink. And the sayd of the G400 I recovered the memory's whit another plak and recover them whit tree heatsink. It may seem havy but I put a tree support two the card. heh I tried the G400 I can pout the memory just to 215 Mhz. I was expecting more than that.

------------------
              Loock gay's hah I'm a MURCer and sorry for my english

Osho
              --------------

Comment

NICE WORK
                JIM
                System 1:
                Epox 8K7A
                SBLIVE 5.1
                IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                3Com Hardware Modem
                Teac 20/10/40 burner

Comment

Working...
                X