Matrox Powerdesk Problem ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Powerdesk Problem ???

I'm sorry for asking what seems like a stupid question, but I can't figure this out for the life of me. I had a Matrox G100 Productiva. I uninstalled all the stuff and then I installed my G400 MAX. I've reinstalled all the drivers and some of the software that came on the cd, but whatever I do, Powerdesk does not show up in my start menu. Please help. I'm having other problems with the card and the only thing I haven't done is changed the settings in this program but.... Please help. Thanks
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Go into your system properties (from control panel). Access the performance tab then graphics and set your hardware acceleration to full and restart your system. You might have to reinstall the drivers from there.

Comment

I didn't think that PowerDesk was *supposed* to show up in your start menu with this version. It is integrated into your display properties. You can see the PD options by clicking on advance when you are at the display properties. Also PD puts a pretty blue icon in your systray that you can use to get to display properties.

Rags

Comment

Yep I agree with Rags on this one. I think I read the post a little too quickly. Thought you didn't have the pretty little blue thing!

Comment

True. It's started through a registry key at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run\Matrox Powerdesk.
          P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Powerdesk 4.xx was a separate aplication, Powerdesk 5.xx is integated in the display properties. No start menu for that.

Comment

There's still the (seperate) taskbar icon applet started by the afore mentioned registry key. No Start menu thingy though.
              P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

ok, thanks for your help
                "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Working...
                X