Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-200 and G-400 acting strange with new software

Can anybody help me out ?
    I had a Mill. G-200 AGP card and since I installed the latest powerdesk software my screen locks up everytime. I put back 4.33 and everything was okay. Now I bought a Mill.G-400 and I hoped everything would be solved but again my system locks up after about 10 minutes after I used some applicatons. I put back my old G-200 with the 4.33 powerdesk software and everything is okay again. Does anybody have or had the same problems?

I have a ASUS P2B mainboard with a PII 350, 128Mb internal, 20,4 Gb harddisk, a Diamond II Monster Card, Matrox Rainbow Runner G-Series and a SBlive card .( all with the latest drivers )

It's a low level problem. Some say it's a fault in G400, some say all the other peripherals you have (inc. mobo) are faulty. But not G400.

Anyway, start by looking for IRQ conflicts in Windows. You might want to post the whole listing here for detailed help.
    Also, please tell if your board is running in AGP 1 or 2X mode. You can confirm that with PCIlist program (http://www.entechtaiwan.com).

And if that SBLive! lives right next to AGP slot, move it elsewhere.

_
    B

Comment

I assume you are running Win9x? Then why not use 5.30?
      FT.

Comment

First - if you have an RR-G, remove it, remove the SBLive as well (with registry entries and all) and try to see if you get the same problem. If you don't, then be careful to install the Live on an unshared IRQ; do the same with the RR-G. My suggestion is to use PD 5.25 with the G400/RR-G combo, although Matrox has recently released VidTools for 5.30.

If you get the same problems, reinstall Windows; it that's too much of a trouble, remove all MGA-related entries in the registry, and reinstall PD 5.25 or 5.30 anew.

------------------
        Soyo 7IZB+, C500A, 96MB PC100, G400Max, Vortex2
        Asus A7V, Duron 600@900, 192MB PC133@100, G200, Guillemot MUSE, etc.

Comment

Firts thanks for all the respons I got.

Today I stripped my PC and removed my harddisk, and all cards except the G-400 I installed Win98SE and PD 5.25 and I still have the same problem. After a while my screen freezes and I have some garbage on the screen. The same happens when I go to the monitor profiles and try to change to another refresh rate. Right now I have put back my old G-200 with PD 4.33 and everything is working fine. I really don't get it but I still think that there must be something wrong with all the PD versions since 4.33m. The other thing I can think about is that my Mainboard doesn't cope with Matrox it's a ASUS P2B-B board.
          Still all suggestions are welcome.

I'm not a starter at this and I allready solved a lot of prob's but this Jeeeh !! is turns me crazy.

Comment

PD 4.33m doesn't use AGP bus. That is, your AGP bus is operated as a normal PCI one.
            Please do the things are suggested in my earlier post. (confirm AGP mode, if 2X try to go with only 1X)

_
            B

[This message has been edited by Buuri (edited 07 November 1999).]

Comment

Buuri, first I want to thank you for not giving up on me.

I'm sure that I don't have any troubles with IRQ's, cause like I wrote in my earlier message. I used a total clean system without any cards except the G-400. I used a brand new harddisk and installed Win98se from the scratch.
              The card is running in AGP-2X, but the thing I don't understand is how to switch it to AGP-1x cause I couldn't find anything about it in the manual, bios, settings or where ever. I used the PCILIST program to see settings.

Do you know how to switch to AGP-1X ?

Don't you think that it has something to do with the ASUS P2B-B mainboard (Intel 440 BX chipset)?

Apollogize for my English 'cause I'm Dutch.

Healy

Comment

Download http://www.murc.ws/Utils/PD5RegHacks.zip . Unzip it and click the file ForceAGP1X.reg, then reboot.
                P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

I bet everyting that wen he type again he gonna say that his problem has resolved with X2

------------------
                  Sorry for my English.
                  A G400 in a new G4 have wing's
                  My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
                  --------------
                  I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
                  (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
                  Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

I min forced to X1

------------------
                    Sorry for my English.
                    A G400 in a new G4 have wing's
                    My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
                    --------------
                    I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
                    (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
                    Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

Working...
                    X