G400 OpenGL and GL Screensavers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 OpenGL and GL Screensavers?

I'm a brand-new owner of a G400, and immediately downloaded several OpenGL screensavers to test out the full OpenGL ICD.

Problem is, all of the screensavers I've tested so far seem to be using the software OpenGL from Microsoft, not the ICD. At least, that's what I hope is happening, since the screensavers are so slow (it'd better not be the G400 ICD that's so horribly slow!)

Anyone know what's going on? Am I making some sort of newbie mistake here?

Kevin

------------------
    Kevin Steele
    Kevin Steele

Did you remove all the drivers from your previous card? Look at your system properties in safe mode (under device manager). How many display adapters and monitors listed?

Comment

Yup -- all other drivers uninstalled and also removed from the System control panel in safe mode. I even did some registry hunting to kill all last vestiges of my Monster Fusion card (die! die! die!)

Is there an OpenGL app/demo/etc. I can use to test the G400's OpenGL performance or at least verify that the ICD is installed and operating?

Kevin

------------------
      Kevin Steele
      Kevin Steele

Comment

A lot of those OpenGL screensavers don't work with ANY card. 8-(

Especially the MS ones, which depend on D3D mode changes to work OpenGL.

Lots o' screensaver authors do BAD programming things and the Matrox ICD (as well as the ATI ICD and the S3 ICD) don't like them.

- Ash

------------------
        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.

This signature is not Copyright by anyone. Especially not some guy named Steve. Yeah. That's it. Please don't kill me, Holly.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

I suspected the GL screensavers weren't the best test of OpenGL -- I checked the registry and I've got all the correct keys for the G400 ICD, and it seems to be installed correctly, but all the screensavers I've seen so far seem to be defaulting to Microsoft's Opengl.dll instead of the G400icd.dll.

Any suggestions for a good OpenGL "test/benchmark" program to gauge the G400's ICD?

------------------
          Kevin Steele
          Kevin Steele

Comment

www.demonews.com/demonews

There a ton of REALLY neat opengl thingy's there. Just you'll have to temporaraly disable your second monitor (by not extending windows desktop onto it) for them to run. There's one thats called wildflower I think thats pretty nice
            A computer is like sex. Your never 100% sure what your doing but when all goes well, it feels REAL good.

Comment

Working...
            X