Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for Haig, or anyone who can help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Haig, or anyone who can help...

Here's a quick question for you...

When I got my Marvel, I found the cool little advice on video pass (here, I might add! ) through that lets the cable or line-in pass through the PC-VCR Remote and appear on your TV at the same time, by editing the registry and changing "enable output" from 0 to 1 for the Video Presenter general options. (see This_Idiot's Tips and Tricks section if you have no idea what I'm talking about... )

However, at some point, updating to some powerdesk, and some video tools, and some bios, I lost this ability. It seems to me that the hardware can do it... is it the software that changed it?

The reason I ask is that I have an Encore DVD drive/card that I used to just plug into BOB and then use both the Encore program and PC-VCR when I played DVD's to the TV. It saves me from switching cables all the time... But now, I can't do it. I'd like to get the ability back. Is there some set of drivers that I need, or is this something that can be done differently now?

Thanks.

Assuming a G400. No idea if it'll work with a G200 as it's in the wifes machine and NOT to be played with ;-)

The ability to activate full time TV-Out using PC-VCR was added to the PC-VCR programs properties tab in the newer drivers.

As far as activating TV-Out with your DVD player:

First enter the Display properties and go to "Settings/Advanced/DualHead".

On the DualHead tab check off "Dualhead/Clone, DVDMax or Zoom" and "Use DVDMax". Next open the box labeled "Desktop TV Settings" and set up the values for video editing given in the Matrox readme.txt for your display system (PAL or NTSC).

This file can be read by selecting the "View Readme File" on the bottom of the "Settings/Advanced/Information" page.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 12 December 1999).]

Comment

Oops... good point.

I have a Marvel G200... is this still possible with the Marvel G200?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X