upgrade from Mill I & M3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade from Mill I & M3D

I have a Pentium 233/MMX with an OEM Matrox Millenium I (2 Mb + 2Mb upgrade card) and a M3D card (all PCI). I want to replace both cards with a Matrox Millenium product which gives equal 2D graphics quality, more memory, and equal to or better 3D speed. Also the price must be low. I got the M3D and the 2 Mb upgrade for less than $30 so I am not losing a lot. The M3D takes up a IRQ which I want to free up.

I would appreciate any recommendations. I am not a big gamer. The 2D resolution is more important than speed.

TIA, John Hawrylak in Woodstown NJ
    hawrylak@delanet.com

Dump the M3D, keep your Millennium and get a Voodoo2 card for your 3D games.

Comment

Hi! I say get a G200 (8MB). Or a 16MB G400 SH.
      Asus A7V, Duron 600@900, 192MB PC133@100, G200, Guillemot MUSE, etc.

Comment

I agree with JAZZ, with your specs, a Mill2 + Voodoo2 would be a fair (and dirt cheap) combo.

If you need more memory for 2D and want excellent 2D quality you're somewhat in trouble. A G200/TNT1 PCI card will be probably be the best solution. These are pretty hard to get through retail though.
        P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Working...
        X