sigh... troubles with dual head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sigh... troubles with dual head

I'm usually not one to give up but sometimes I just get so frustrated I give in so I don't blow up... This is one of those times... Almost.

I really have no clue what to do... Not sure if I'm missing something important or what... I've read up on it and still can't get the Dual Head feature to work.

First off, I have my primary monitor working fine. Have my TV plugged into the second port using S-Video. I've set it to normal mode, and to video mode. Nothing works... I just get a blue screen that sometimes flickers. Except when I try changing my "Desktop TV Settings". When I'm in there, I get the multi-coloured bars that go up and down (like when TV stations close down for the night).

Does anybody know what could be the problem? Am I missing something simple? When I start to think of it I get a headache... That's how bad this is annoying me. Oh well, if anybody could help I'd really be thankful. By the way, it's a G400 Max and I'm using PowerDesk 5.11.012. Thanks.

Have you tried driver 5.30?

Apparently, they had monitor detection problems with the earlier drivers.

Do you have the "TV" monitor profile chosen for the 2nd monitor?

If you have the 2 pictures of monitors inthe settings section, right click on the 2nd monitor and make sure it's enabled.

Ciao

Comment

Definitely, having the two monitors is not sufficient. You have to enable it. Oh and go for the 5.30 drivers. Solved a couple of minor issues for me.

Comment

"Do you have the "TV" monitor profile chosen for the 2nd monitor?"

What do you mean by this?

Yes, I have the second monitor enabled... Still though... Blue screen...

Comment

Working...
        X