G400 Max and G200 Marvel together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Max and G200 Marvel together?

I have a Marvel G200 PCI and because I need more 3D power I am planning to buy a second videocard. I love my Marvel and the video features are still good enough to stay with it...

...but for games like Quake3 or the upcoming Team Fortress2 I need a faster OpenGL/D3D card.

I dont want to buy the G400 Marvel because it is simply to expensive (here in Germany even more) and I have all the video features with my good old G200.

So I want to put a G400 Max in my System. The AGP slot in my Asus P2B is still free.

Here comes my question: Are there any ways I can use both features of the cards at the same time in Windows? Or do I have to set up different profiles? Is there the possibility to loop the video signals through one of the cards?

Thank you...

BTW I have a SBlive and would like to know if there could be IRQ problems...
    My G200 and Sbive both worked well together on the same IRQ (well I found it out yesterday)... now both cards have their own.

------------------
    this message was posted by Digital_Hell_Native

"Better to have people think you're a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
    ----------------------------
    Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain) (1835-1910), American Writer

Hi !

One of my systems has a Marvel G200 PCI and a Marvel G400 AGP inside and it works without problems.
    In the BIOS-setup I can choose which card should be used by changing the "Init First Display: AGP/PCI"-setting.
    If I want to use the AGP-card I choose AGP in the BIOS, switch off the computer, connect the monitor etc. to the AGP-card and switch the computer on. I can select the PCI-card in the same way.

If you use a Max and a Marvel G200, then you can select the AGP-card for gaming and the PCI-card for video-editing.
    So you are able to use both cards in one system.

Bye, Uwe.

Comment

Thanks Uwe...
      This is what I wanted to do, but I am still wondering if there could be used something like a loop cable...

------------------
      this message was posted by Digital_Hell_Native

"Better to have people think you're a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
      ----------------------------
      Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain) (1835-1910), American Writer

Comment

Working...
      X