Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G400DH + Hardware DVD decoder = any problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400DH + Hardware DVD decoder = any problems?

P3-450(504),Chaitech6BTM,128SDRAM,G400DH32MB
    using RealMagic Hollywood+ DVD decoder card;
    this card plays DVD movie directly to TV through own S-Video output using own software-RealMagic DVD station;
    now i noticed delays sometimes in playing DVD, it looks like when DVD is being decoded by software (CPU) decoding. i realise, it sounds like nonsence, but with previous videocard - G200mill16MB - no any problems.
    maybe it occurs because of G400DH "is trying to do something" with DVD stream by itself, as it designed for it, but i cannot understand what is happening. maybe it's necessary to change something in drivers' settings or registry? in powerdesk i disabled dualhead and dvdmax, what else???
    Help please, or my wife will kill me for spending too much money for hardware while she is unable to watch comfortably her favourite movies !!!!

What is the version of your RealMagic H+ driver? Maybe you can try 1.8 (the latest one...)

Otherwise, you can try to uninstall H+ driver first, and reinstall it again to see if it works...

I just installed DVD-station version 1.8 on my friend's computer and found no screen, but sound...??? At last I realized that the H+ driver installed previously was 1.3, and it didn't work with version 1.8 of DVD-station player... I also have to update the H+ driver to version 1.8...

------------------
    Celeron 300P@558/2.0v, P3B-F, G400DH/32MB
    P4-2.8C, IC7-G, G550

Comment

Working...
    X