Is there really no RR-G Spezialist ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there really no RR-G Spezialist ?

how can i adjust with a finetuning better results for my rr-g? i am in zurich, switzerland and think: is there really no one with the same problems? i hope for help.
    some channels have a bad signal. others tey are fine. pleaseeeeee help.

chris from zurich

"Is there really no RR-G Spezialist" ?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say. There are plenty of folk here that have RR-G that will be pleased to help if you ask your question. I can't find any earlier references to you asking...

I gather from your post that you are having problems with the TV tuner section.

You can enter the frequencies manually into the registry if you know what your local transmitter supplies to you.

Comment

ok ok, my english is not the best. but how can i modify the frequentcies in the registy?
      please give me some samples.
      thank a lot for your fast help.

chris

------------------

Comment

There are a couple of experts who know exactly how to do this (I don't).

However, you can check out your registry to see what is going on in there. Run up regedit (if you haven't done this before, make sure you back up your registry first).

Now go HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Matrox/RainbowRunner/0/TVTFreq

The TVTCountry folder should give you a clue to which other setting is active (in your case I think it will be the PAL_B_STD), but I don't understand the second entry (BG_DUAL_FM), and don't know how to check your local frequencies against those contained within the PAL_BG_STD folder.

Hopefully if David or Gijs pass by they will let us know how it's done, but at least you have somewhere to start looking.

Comment

I've successfully finetuned my frequencies by modifying registry settings.

I modified the frequencies in the PAL_BG_STD folder (as This_Idiot described - it's possible that you have to edit another folder, as I'm living in Norway). I noticed however, that my changes did not take effect before I unchecked the "In memory" check box in TV Setup of PC-VCR. You have to do this before modifying the registry, and make sure you exit PC-VCR before you change any frequencies! After you have modified your registry with the correct frequency, run PC-VCR and check "In memory" check box. Voila!!

If you don't have the frequencies, you should try to check with your TV (if you have one). Most "new" TVs show MHz while tuning. Another possibility is to check with your cable operator (I did). They gladly gave me the right ones!

Good luck!

------------------
          decibel
          decibel

Comment

Hey,

There is not that much to editing your frequencies. This_Idiot has pretty much covered it.

Naturally, back up your registry before you start!

Open your registry and check the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Matrox\RainbowRunner\0 \TVTFreq\TVTCountry key. Find your country and the corresponding name of the key that the software uses for frequencies in your country. In my case it's Australia and PAL_BG_AUS.

Navigate to the correct key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Matrox\RainbowRunner\ 0\TVTFreq\PAL_BG_AUS for me) and then either Air or Cable, depending on which frequencies you want to edit.

You'll find each channel listed with a corresponding frequency in hexidecimal (and the decimal equivalent in brackets). The decimal 5272500 corresponds to a frequency of 527.25 Mhz. Edit the channels you want to change (make sure you select the decimal radio button when you edit them).

While you do this I'd make sure that you were not running any of the Matrox tools. When you are done reboot just to be sure.

I know that I had to change every channel for the Australian frequencies as they were all incorrect. When I finished I exported the relevant key to a .REG file. Now everytime I format and reinstall the tools I can easily import my .REG file and fix the frequencies with ease.

Good luck.

...David <optic@iname.com>

Comment

Working...
            X