Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old MB got AGP2x, new MB have to force 1x. WHY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old MB got AGP2x, new MB have to force 1x. WHY?

My old motherboard was a Tyan 1590s (Via chipset) with a K6-2 380. I was able to use Bus Mastering AND AGP 2x with the 5.30 drivers. My new motherboard is a Soyo 6BA+IV (with PII 350) and under a fresh '98 install, 2x cannot be used. 3D games crash, 3D Max '99 crashes at the exact same point 99/100 times, but with the 5.11.012 drivers everything runs. Matrox Tech support walked me through the force APG 1x to solve the problem, but my question is why did I have to do this? The 6BA+IV is a better motherboard (440BX chipset).

To stave off all of the questions:

The video card was not sharing an irq.
    The only share of irq's was the USB and SBLive card.
    The board does have an ATA66 chip from Highpoint, and the problem would happen with or without the driver loaded.

Any Ideas?

Kiel Rin
    Mostly happy g400 user.

[This message has been edited by Kiel Rin (edited 05 November 1999).]

The same old story. I had the same problem. And yes I admit it was very frustrating and take's time to resolved. Your 3D Mark test crash in the first game test hah ? You tried to reinstall windows ? The only way I resolve the problem is by taking all card in the computer out exept of the video card reformating the hard disk reinstalling windows and G400 drivers. reinstalling your video card and installing all the ather card one by one. Each time by restarting your computer and each time waching if you don't have a IRQ problem. And you can't change the ram slot I don't no wey but it help(I don't now for you but my system is stable with all this installation procedure).

------------------
    Sorry for my English.
    A G400 in a new G4 have wing's
    My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
    --------------
    I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
    (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
    Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

Of I forget to say that X2 instit of X1 has incrist my 3D mark by just 2.8 %

------------------
      Sorry for my English.
      A G400 in a new G4 have wing's
      My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
      --------------
      I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
      (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
      Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

Working...
      X