Haig do you know...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haig do you know...???

Has tech.support or driver developers of Hyundai contacted matrox ??? They promised to do so, because there's some compatibility problem with G400 and Hyundai B790 drivers... Matrox PD shows that I've chosen 100 Hz and my monitor shows that there's 94 going on (occurs in 1024x768 res with their .inf-file installed and PnP-mode too). There occur allso smaler RfR differencies with PD and Monitor with different resolutions. Monitor works quite ok. with matrox-VESA standard drivers but either they don't work perfectly.
    (Some RfRs shown different with PD and monitor) It seems to be only matrox problem because I have tested my Monitor with TNT2, TNT, S3 trio and other G400 card and problems showed up only with G400 cards. Can YOU somehow help getting G400 compatible drivers for my monitor ???

J.
    -J-

Hi Joe,

No one from Hyundai has contacted TS, Dev Rel, nor our programming group.

If they can send us their timing specs for this monitor, we will include it in our drivers provided they loan us a monitor to test with.

Do you know who they are supposed to contact?

Haig

Comment

Well ? That's something I'm not sure about...
      But there was some timing instructions in the <A href"http://monitor.hei.co.kr/support/down2/b790-ug.pdf" >manual</A> .... does it help or can you give me the name to contact ???

J.
      -J-

Comment

<A href="http://monitor.hei.co.kr/support/down2/b790-ug.pdf" >http://monitor.hei.co.kr/support/down2/b790-ug.pdf</A>

J.
        -J-

Comment

I mailed your response to person I have had contact with hyundai. So I'll wait for their response and If you can give that name to contact I'll mail it to them too... And if ou give the name to me, here's <A href="mailto: jounikhe@evitech.fi" >my mail-adress</A>..

J.
          -J-

Comment

Hi,

I now remembered I asked Hitachi to do the same with the CM753ET monitor and they promised they would. However there is no customisation file for this monitor even in the latest PD (5.30) version.

I hope this won't happen with the next release. Windows98 don't let me choose a refresh rate of more than 85Hz and I'm afraid that I might damage the monitor if I use PD's utility (It increases the refresh rate by one Hz at a time. If I press the mouse button and do not release it immediately there is a possibility that I choose a refresh rate not supported by the monitor).

------------------
            PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Comment

Hi Joe,

Page 16 has all the info we need for this monitor but something doesn't look right.

According to the pdf manual, you should be getting a refresh rate of 85hz when in PnP mode for your monitor (which is the standard vesa mode for 1024). You state that we show you 100hz but your monitor is showing you 94hz.

Since we do not have this monitor in house, we will not include it into our monitor profile.

Best that we can do is give you the proper values for you to make your own customized monitor setting for it.

I'll post the values on this thread.

Haig

Comment

Well ...

That's what my system tels me ! And when i asked them about it, they replid:

> > Hello,
                > >
                > > B790 supports 1024 x 768 at 75Hz, 85Hz and 100Hz as the factory preset
                modes.
                > > I think that you setted the optimal refresh rate which should be 60Hz. That
                refresh rate is not
                > > the factory preset mode.
                > > In order to set 1024 x 768 with 85Hz or 100Hz, please follow the belows;
                > > Control panel => Display properties => settings => Advanced => Adaptor =>
                Refresh rate => 85Hz
                > > or 100Hz
                > > But if you cannot find 85Hz and 100Hz, please reinstall the driver for your
                video card from web
                > > site of its manufacturer.
                > > Please try it ....
                > >

And the problem is similar in both cases 1) their .inf-file installed and 2) When i use Plug&Pray-mode .... And yes I'm sure about RfR PD and monitor gives me because I've checked em sooo...ooo many time and wondered how on earth this can be this way !! I have deleted and reinstalled my display- and display adapter drivers many times (and allways deleted all files related to em from my hard-disks and deleted everything i can form sysbackup folder). And what comes to that RfR supposed to 85 in PnP mode: If i remember right TNT2 and TNT gave me 100 Hz too in PnP mode ... (other G400 too ofcourse)
                Only difference was that TNT2 and TNT made sync right and picture ok.

J.
                -J-

Comment

GD:
                  Don't worry. You can't damage any contemporary monitor (by contemporary I mean all monitors with OSD and some earlier with button settings). The monitor will simply shut down when it gets the syns signals out of its allowed specs. And it's really not too easy to set out-of-spec settings, espaecially for resolutions below 1600x1200.

Comment

Working...
                  X