No announcement yet.

Marvel G200 TV tuner won't work - HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G200 TV tuner won't work - HELP!

Hello..

I just installed the new powerdesk and new video tools (5.25 and 1.51). My bios is 2.6 - 20. When i pop up the TV tuner, all i get is garbage for the channels. Its not the cable, as a real TV works fine off it. I do get channel 6 on my computer though... All the settings seem right, USA, cable, NTSC. I think my BOB is broken... the tuner worked fine a few months ago, and that was the last time i used it. Thanks for any help.

This is an update... I took apart the BOB.. blew on some of the parts.. and guess what.. it works now!

Matrox has the worst tech support I have ever seen.. I emailed them back and forth about 10 times, all the while they claimed it was an IRQ conflict.. hah yea right. More like I had to provide support to the Tech who was trying to open my Microsoft sytem info file with Adobe Acrobat. Jeeez.

Just my 2 cents

Comment

I have this funny feeling you could have emailed tech support 100 times, and they never would have told you to do what you did.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

lol true I know enough about electronics to know what not to do and what to do when exposing unprotected circuits.

But I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have told me to send it back in either, since it is obviously an IRQ conflict

What I don't understand is how matrox can't afford a 1800 tech number.. Almost every company has one, and its one thing I look for before I buy anything nowadays.

The card is great, it gives me decent 3d, great 2d, and video inputs, so I don't need to lug a TV here to college.. I just wish the tech support was more responsive.

Comment

Working...
        X