CPU TEMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU TEMP

I have an Athlon 550 running a G400 32Meg Dualhead. My M/B is The Giga-Byte 7IX and wouldn't even boot until I got a 300Watt PS.
    My concern is that when I touch my CPU or G400 it's Hardly warm to the touch which is leading me to the conclusion that my PS is not providing enough power. I still have some issues with the G400 and Games and could the PS be an issue.

TomV

Tom, AMD has a list of recommended power supplies. Is yours on the list?

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

No It's not, But how much diffrence could there be between 300Watt Power supplies?

TomV

Comment

alot not all are created equil.

read some of the reviews on amd k7 mobos. some ps just wont work right on some boards.

look at the amd ps lists you will see that combined output for the diffrent companys is diffrent. there have been real expensive ps that just wont work right. (due to high voltage requirements of the k7 and alpha ev6 bus.)

hey i might be wrong but then why would the have a list of recomened power supplys in the first place.

------------------
        EVIL IS GOOD. EVIL IS LIVE SPELLED BACKWARD AND WE ALL WANT TO LIVE RIGHT ?
        INTEL EVIL INSIDE, INTEL SPYCHIP INSIDE
        INTEL AND MICROSOFT HAND IN HAND AS THEY SCREEEW YOU OUT OF YOUR HARD EARNED DOSH.
        MICROSOFT THE OTHER EVIL EMPIRE.

msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
        it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

I will tell ya, I tried two different 300
          W ps's and two 250 Wt...(BTw, if you look on the PS, where they have the outputs listed...they all seem to have different specs...hence, the reason why some 300W won't work and some 250W will work)...
          Anyway, had all kinds of probs with my K7 600/Giga mobo/G400 Max system...finally ordered an approved ps, the Sparkle Power 350W...and all seems right with the world now...
          Originally, I felt like you, how much diff could there be between 300W ps? But, as I found, there can be some gIaNt differencez...
          I now am advising anyone who ventures to the K7 territory to go ahead and gIt a Recommended PS!!! Its well work the saved time and frustrating in not having to reinstall Windows over and over trying to get everything to work!!!
          Kelin

Comment

Thank's for the help.

I am going to get one off AMD's List.

Comment

get a good PS and you won't have to deal with any BS
              jim

------------------
              PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
              128mb pc-100
              Mill G400 (YAHOO!!!) 32mb @ 165/205 with MGATweak-410mhz, 2.5, 2), PD 5.30 & bios 1.5-22
              Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
              SB Live!
              Winblows 98se & DX7
              32 lbs. of fans, heatsinks and aluminum ductwork
              3DMark Result 5954.69 3DMarks
              Synthetic CPU 3D Speed 9325.69 CPU 3DMarks
              Rasterizer Score 2791.72 3DRasterMarks
              Game 1 - Race 65.07 FPS
              Game 2 - First Person 54.89 FPS
              Fill Rate 268.79 MTexels/s

System 1:
              AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
              Epox 8K7A
              2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
              an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
              SBLIVE 5.1
              Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
              IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
              Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
              3Com Hardware Modem
              Teac 20/10/40 burner
              Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Working...
              X