G400/Max & R-Runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400/Max & R-Runner

I cross-posted this (more or less) to the Desktop Video forum, so I apologize in advance if it's in the wrong place here.

I'm thinking of buying a Rainbow Runner daughtercard, as I have read that it can work in conjunction with a G400/Max as it can with a G200. My questions, before I go out and buy it, are:

1) Will the stock R-Runner work with the G400 Max, or is there a special version of the card that I require?

2) From what I can see on this forum, the consensus is that the Max functions best when it has an IRQ all to itself. I also understand the R-Runner takes one PCI slot. Now, I only have PCI 1 open, and it shares the IRQ with the AGP slot on my mobo (I suspect other mobo's are like that also). Can the R-Runner and the Max co-exist in this fashion, or will I have to relinquish an existing PCI card?

Thanks in advance!

....Tessen....
    ....Gregory Mate....

the max will indeed work with the RR-G (no special version) and all should be fine if RRG is in PCI slot 1. This is how I have it set.

Comment

I am also thinking of adding a rainbow runner to my g400max. But, what drivers would you use? Are they special drivers, or can you use the latest optimized g400 drivers with turboGl?

Comment

There have been a number of driver releases that don't support the Rainbow Runner. However, ver. 5.30, which has no official support, seems to work fine. (PD ver. 5.25 is the officially supported release.) I haven't done a count, but people on this forum have claimed one out of every three driver upgrades have official Rainbow Runner/Marvel support.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Thanks Zwisch! Probably in a month or so I'll get it.

....Tessen....
          ....Gregory Mate....

Comment

Working...
          X