Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than Tech Support.........

Hello everyone!!!!

I’m still waiting to solve my problem posted in “HELP!!!!!!” thread (my vendor wants to give me another Max(as soon as it comes, sigh!) and even to replace my mobo!), but I really would like to thank everyone for the so far provided support.

I was really surprised by finding so many people ready to help me: I realize we are dealing with video cards and not with plans to save the world, but the feeling I had when entering this forum was to find myself among friends.

I’m writing this now (i.e. before fixing my strange problem) as it could be too easy to thank you after solving troubles: I really appreciate your great support.

Lastly, please let me make this consideration: sometimes everyone of us had the temptation to throw off the window his video card or his mobo or the whole cpu!
    But, unfortunately, in my opinion, we have to realize what follows:

1) Hardware producers do not communicate each other
    2) Software producers do not communicate each other
    3) Hardware and software producers do not communicate each other

The result of this situation is that having perfectly worked our systems will get harder and harder. And problems are not linked to Matrox products only.
    For instance, here in Italy, I read that CreativeTNT2 Ultra/Sblive! combo owners had to face many troubles till Creative released Liveware 2.0. Both products were not, at the beginning, compatible! They both were from Creative! Someone should have tested them!!!
    So, at this stage, we have no choice: either we play the game or we play……Playstation.

I’ll keep you informed on my troubles on the other thread.

Thanks again and sorry for my English.

Daniele, Bologna, Italy.
    PIII 450 Mhz@522, fsb 115 Mhz
    Mobo: MS6163 PRO
    RAM:256 Mb
    2 HDs: QUANTUM KA 7200 rpm 13 Gb, QUANTUM 8 Gb
    DVD PIONEER 104S
    MATSUSHITA LS-120
    SBLive! (Value)
    G400 Max 32Mb DH
    Monitor Flatron LG FT795 plus
    FaxModem 3Com U.S. Robotics 56k ext.