Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, I'll ask: G400max or GeForce?

Any opinions on G400max vs GeForce?

I went with the G400max. Even though the GeForce is faster, in D3D (my main use) it was so close as not to make a difference. The G400max still has better color quality. I also didn't want to go through the nVidia driver beta testing program again.
    Also, by the time good games that need hardware t&l are out, there will be better cards, like the GeForce-2-ultra. When this happens, I'll get a rainbow runner for my g400max and stick it in my other pc to replace its canopus-riva128 (which also has good video/picture capture). (my main pc is a p3-450@581, the other is a p2-333@4x100)

anyone else?

[This message has been edited by Neil (edited 04 November 1999).]

Sounds like a plan!

If color (-er) management is important to you, then Matrox is the way to go. Nobody does this better. I generally try to qualify anything I post on the Internet that might be interpreted as an absolute with a qualifier (I think, I believe, etc.), but this is really Matrox's strong suit.

If you have a fast processor, I think you should get a G400 Max. It's a little fussy, but the GForce drivers are in pretty bad shape now, and the Max is almost as fast (again, with a fast processor).

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Which advice do you think you will get in this forum? Exept by the shills of BRAND-X(tm)!

Could it beeeeeeeeeee......G400

Mark F.

------------------
      OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
      --------------------------------------------------
      OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
      and burped out a movie

Comment

Working...
      X