Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback needed please.

Hello everyone,

Can I have some feedback about our web site based on the following questions:

1. Are you able to find the information you are looking for easily?

2. Is the information presented in a clear and concise manner?

3. How would you improve navigation throughout the site?

4. Is there anything missing that you would like to see?

Your feedback will be appreciated,

Haig

Hi Haig,

Just been at Matrox looking for the Zoran DVD software drive for the G200. Couldn't find it easily, say not...

But okay, running along your lines:

1) Not this G200 search time, but for G400 drivers and info, I can.

2) Yes and no, see 1)

3) Add a search-engine on the first page, meaning the one you'll find under www.matrox.com .

4) as most of us surf in 1024x768 nowadays, could you add such a page?? Prolly not, but still ...

I do like the way the drivers pages have changed though... A big change in policy !!

Jorden.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

I would have to say that the Tech Suport page needs a some work. In specific, "Contact Tech Support". The link isn't terribly obvious, and the page that it takes you too isn't real great either. The Online Tech suppport request form should be available from the main Tech Support page and the link should be obvious from either page.
      As for the request page itself, well, IMO it is just this side of usable. I understand that you want a lot of that information for tracking purposes and whatever else, but I think it could be streamlined a lot.

Thanks to you and the rest of Matrox for the concern,
      HedsSpaz

P.S. I second Jorden, the change in the drivers page is great!
      Primary System:
      MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
      120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
      Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
      Seccondary System:
      Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
      3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
      Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
      Tertiary system
      Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
      Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

actually it would be nice to have each reply numbered to make it easier to know when someone replies after you
        <FONT SIZE=6><FONT COLOR=red>jim</FONT>
        System 1:
        AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
        Epox 8K7A
        2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
        an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
        SBLIVE 5.1
        Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
        IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
        Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
        3Com Hardware Modem
        Teac 20/10/40 burner
        Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Needs more pics of pretty women in bikinis at the Matrox swimming pool
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Damn Kruzin...LOL EMBM'm!!!

1) & 3) I agree with Jordie and 4) think that the Matrox tweak should be available too. 2) The contact info should be as HedsSpaz put it.

Have a look see

------------------
            System: Win98 + SP1, DX7; K7 500 @ 650; Modified Coolmaster
            K7 heatsink/fan; MSI MS-6167, bios 1.3, AGP drivers 4.45 and IDE driver
            4.45; Matrox G400 Max DH, bios 1.5-22, PD 5.3 & TurboGL, Cornerstone 50/95 21" monitor, 128 regular
            PC100 sdram cas3 set to cas2; TB Quadzilla sound, latest Aureal driver
            2.25; Promise FastTrack raid controller, bios 1.6; Twin IBM DTTA-171440
            14.4 gb GXP series HD's, Linksys 10/100 pci nic, 3.5 floppy, Asus
            CD-S400 cdrom, Imation IMW040420IA 4x4x20 CD-R/RW, bios 1.3; InWin Q500
            full tower case w/ a 300w supply.

Scores:
            3Dmark 99 Max 800x600 16bit triple buffered
            6525 3Dmarks
            10998 CPUmarks
            Game 1 Race 73.7
            Game 2 First person 58.6
            Fill rate w/ multi-Texturing 291.6
            2meg texture rendering speed = 556 (640x480 16bit, double buffer)

Q3 compkill.dm3 1024x768 All settings set to MAX except for color
            depth 16 bit and texture filter set to bilinear.
            26.3 fps

Q3demo1.dm3 all setting to highest except, 16 bit color depth, set to bilinear and sky set low
            1600x1200 = 21.5
            1280x960 = 31.2
            1024x768 = 48.1
            800x600 = 74.6
            640x480 = 89.2
            Fastest = 111.4!

Q2demo1.dm2 + 3Dnow drivers all settings highest.
            1024x768 = 82.1 fps
            1280x960 = 53.4 fps
            1600x1200 = 34.1 fps

Sandra 99 Pro
            2154 Mips
            840 mflops

Drives benchmark
            Raid array
            Drive index = 15669

Greebe... who's really smile'n lately

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Matrox Online Store:
              * make the G400 Cinemaster DVD avail for add-on purchase (does it work on G200 also?)

Matrox Support:
              * Upgrades to Matrox Cinemaster DVD would be nice -- Cinemaster 99 is out..

Other than that, everything's great! Your logo kicks so much ass compared to nv's!

Comment

Matrox has a website?

Rags

Comment

Yes Rags, they do - it's http://www.murc.ws isn't it?

------------------
                  Cheers,
                  Steve

"The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million-to-one", they said.

Comment

Haig,

having been working in support... I know it is a hard task to keep your on-line support pages in order, but...

Well, you should aim at keeping the pages more up to date. I tried to find a solution to the often seen problem that G200, VIA chipset and the 5.30 PD do not get along very nicely, and found nothing really relevant for an advanced user.

I did not try to find other current hot topics like SB live and G400, or sharing IRQ type of problems, but I suspect I would not find anything relevant either.

Otherwise, I think I usually have found the information I have been looking for. For an European, though, sometimes the marketing talk is too much to bear... but that is something all the marketing departments seem to do.

M.
                    year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

I have, as an average user, found on average that the site is most usable IMO.
                      Especially these forums, they are a goldmine of information and the forum search is my single most powerful weapon here.
                      Kinda takes me back to feeling 10 foot tall and bulletproof....before Mark shot me That got me in the eye. ouch
                      4. Is there anything missing that you would like to see?
                      umm..how about a bus load of nude Norwegian blondes and a six pack of baby oil....

Comment

I think that matrox should put some dancing hamsters on their page.... how can you have a good page without hamsters????? Check this out Haig, it might help you with your design!!
                        http://www.hampsterdance.com

Comment

Wow, I guess they do. I guess they give a website to just about anyone these days.

Rags

Comment

Matt,

If only they won't give one to you... I know what's on that web-site then !!!

Pix of RAGS[MU] chasing women other than his own

Jorden, ROLFPUD<sup>tm</sup>...
                            Jordâ„¢

Comment

I thought this is the URL for Matrox Support.

forums.murc.ws/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

Haig why don't you have a link for the Forums under technical Support???? And the nude Norwegian Blondes

Paul
                              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
                              X