G400Max & ASUS K7M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max & ASUS K7M

Can you make these products work together - 'cause if you can, please let me know how!!!

Hi

Like the dude say, what does it do? It works perfect on a FIC SD11.

Og velkommen til endnu en dansker. Vi er alt for få. Har i også møgvejr i Næstved?

Ghydda
    As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
    My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
    |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

The problem is when I restart my computer after installing the drivers, I only get strange looking blocks when windows starts to load the drivers. I've tried 5.15 (Shipping drivers), 5.25 &5.30, no difference. I use latest bios both for the mobo & the G400. I've tried with the AGP-driver on the CD & the latest from AMD (4.45).
      I tried to remove everything but the grapics adapter & the SCSI controller (HDD's are scsi), and still no difference. After a clean Windows Install everything works oerfectly until the next time the computer is rebooted - then comes the strange blocks again...
      Hope you can help me.

I øvrigt er vejret kedeligt i Næstved, hvor kommer du fra?

Comment

Do your G400 share IRQ with any other device? If so, try to resolve this, Matrox's drivers doesn't seem to behave very well on some systems when sharing IRQ's.

Does it help to disable Bus-mastering for the G400?

Is it possible for you to verify that the G400 is indeed in perfect order by testing it in another PC, say with a BX/ZX chipset?

Does it freeze when entering the GUI of Windows or is it still responding?

Ghydda

Jeg kommer fra egnen omkring Silkeborg, men bor i øjeblikket i Herning, da jeg går i skole her. Rart at se at der findes mennesker med sans for kvalitet (Athlon,SCSI,Asus,Matrox).
        As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
        My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt

Comment

HA!HA!HA!. OK. The same problem as my haaaa? try to force AGP X1 . Very beeg chance that it works. Not that I don't ting Is because of your motherboard it don tha same ting with my abit BP6. HA!HA!HAAAAAAAA!!!
          My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
          --------------
          I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
          (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
          Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

It looks as if you do not have the motherboard's patches installed... you need :
            - the 3 in 1 patch from VIA (should be on the CD)
            - the patch for the AMD 751 nothbride (AGP patch) that you can find on AMD's web site under support and downloads.

With these all should be fine.

Comment

what's wrong? what does it do? should work fine since it uses the same chipsets as the FIC

Comment

This may sound a bit silly, but how do I disable busmastering and force agp 1x, when windows cannot load with the matrox-drivers?

Comment

Start the Windows in Safe Mode,
                  remove the Matrox drivers,
                  restart Win normally,
                  install standard VGA adapter,
                  (reboot if recommended by Win),
                  install all the patches mentioned above,
                  reboot,
                  install the latest Matrox drivers again.

_
                  B

[This message has been edited by Buuri (edited 02 November 1999).]

Comment

If it makes you feel better, I still have problems with my K7M/G400MAX combo. The first time my PC boots from cold, I get a pattern of (almost) horizontal cyan/black lines across my screen. BTW, my Windows background is plain cyan.

I also get Windows intermittently forcing me into 640x480x16 and complaining that my display settings are not compatible with my hardware. Another reboot usually gets rid of that.

OK you have installed the AGP miniport v4.45. You should also install the EIDE drivers (v1.22) unless you have disabled the EIDE controllers in the BIOS (you mentioned yo use SCSI).

You can get the latest versions of the other VIA drivers from their website. I think that does support the VIA southbridge of the K7M. Doesn't the FIC board use an AMD southbridge rather than the VIA one?

Have you changed the FSB from 100MHz or done any other tinkering in the BIOS?

Have you upgraded the BIOS? The latest version is K7M1006.bin I think.

Other than those suggestions, I'm at a loss. Sorry.

Comment

The FIC uses the exact same chipsets as the K7M

Comment

Not to sound STUPID, but, I had a WHOLE bunch of probs getting my NEW K600/G400Max/256Megs HSDRAM/Adaptec2940U2W/FIC...then Gigabyte...etc, running...finally found out(after I had one of the original FIC mobos that won't run HSDRAM...see the pc133memory site)...it was the POWER SUPPLY!!!
                        While I didn't have one of the "Approved PS's" I have a couple 300Watters and a couple 250's....NONE would work ok...I would get thru a 98 install, when it went for te Hardware PnP detection it would fatal error and "blue screen" me...then, when I finally got it running, I would get these wierd OpenGL errors in Unreal T...got the Gigabyte mobo...still probs...then I went for an "Approved Pw Supply"...ALL IZ FINE!!!
                        Don't know what ps you are running, but apparently, it makes a BIG DEAL with the K7s...
                        Good Luck.
                        Kelin
                        Pri System (win 98)
                        K7 600 on GA-71X
                        256 Megs Enhanced HSDRAM PC133
                        Max G400
                        Adaptec 2940U2W
                        Quantum atlas 10K 9.1G
                        IBM Ultrastar Uw
                        Aureal Super Quad
                        3Com NIC for Cable Modem
                        Ls-120

Sec Sys (98, NT, and Linux)
                        P3 450 on Soyo BA6 +III
                        128Megs PC100
                        TNT
                        2 V2s in SLI
                        2 UDMA/33 HDs
                        Creative Ensonic
                        etc...

Comment

Actually, to my knowledge, the VIA3in1 patch doesn't do any good (nor any harm, for that matter), couz it does NOT have support for the AMD/VIA chipset. Not the version I got on my CD, anyway.

Ghydda

Comment

Working...
                          X