Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayday Mayday Help Required!!!

Greetings,

I have recently saved enough cash to purchase the long awaited G400 Max 32MB Dual Head.

However this Card seems to lockup everytime I run a 3D App with BUS MASTERING ENABLED. I am aware that BUS MASTERING signifigantly improves the performance of the G400. My old RIVA TNT actually outperforms the card on 3DMark without Bus Mastering enabled.????

Why does the card not work with BUS MASTERING ENABLED!! and works perfectly without it? .... Please Help???

Hi !

OK , first for all TEH.SPEC. please , Other : look at your IRQ list if there is a strsange conflict, then if you have SB LIVE be aware it use BUSMASTERING too so you must see if there is a conflict between G400 & SB Live.. DONT PANIC !

------------------
    PIII450@465,P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live !(value)...
    PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

ahhh ! yes !..did you reinstall WIN98/95 after changing to G400MAX from TNT/TNT2 based sys. because if you dont reinstall or remove all TNT/TNT2 crap out from your sys ..you newer get high performance results with G400/G400MAX..expec.busmastering will suffer...RINSTALL YOUR Sys.(format C: ) ofcurse then you will be sure that all NVIDIA crap is out from your SYS..

good luck !

PS: first give us your TEH.SPEC..OK!

------------------
      PIII450@465,P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live !(value)...
      PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Hi Razzle,

I had a completely scrambled display on
        Win98 bootup FROM THE VERY BEGINNING when
        using the G400 display driver !!

Only standard VGA card drivers worked.

Then I found a Usenet posting, and my whole
        world changed :-)

The solution here was:
        You need to use a specific Windoze install order to avoid bus mastering problems
        (Argl !!)

1. Standard PCI VGA card display driver
        2. Mainboard AGP driver
        3. Mainboard IDE Bus Master DMA driver
        4. -> G400 display driver
        (maybe 2. and 3. are swapped, dunno)

Hope that helps.

I really don't get it why Matrox doesn't
        mention that on their site !!
        That's really annoying, as obviously quite many people are having problems with that.
        Pretty bad end user support ??
        I'll write a "protest email" to Matrox soon :-)

Comment

I agree with AndiM about the procedure to follow... If still no results, the remove all otehr cards from your system and try making it work with only the G400.

Comment

Working...
          X