No announcement yet.

Marvel G200 w/ DVD Daughtercard. HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G200 w/ DVD Daughtercard. HELP!

I've just got hold of a daughter card for my Marvel G200. I wanted this so I could edit movies in MJPEG and transcode the finished product to MPEG2/MPEG1, then using the daughter card output the MPEGS full screen (just like MJPEG). However when I run Zoran SoftDVD the video appears on the monitor but is not output on the TV. Switching to an MJPEG files outputs perfectly. What am I doing wrong? The only way I can get it to display on the TV screen is to set TV-out in powerdesk on. This seams pointless as I could do this without the extra hardware. Please, please help me!!!

Hi Gary,

Are you using the Zoran program that came with the DVD module or the one that came with the G200 ?

Pertti

Comment

The one with the daughter card

Comment

Hi Gary,

Some more questions

Can you see the DVD module listed in the white box in "Display Properties\Information" ?

When you installed the Zoran "Soft"DVD from the DVD module installation CD, did you uninstall the previous one first ?
        If you didn't, the shortcuts might still be pointing into the Software solution.

Which version of Powerdesk are you using ?

... Hold on, have you tried it with a DVD, not just some MPEG:s on the HD ?

Pertti

Comment

I was using latest powerdesk and video tools but i've just gone back to the origianl drivers to see if that was the problem but I have the same the same outcome.

The dvd module is recognised in powerdesk
          4.32.043 and no i haven't tried a DVD as i don't have a DVD drive yet.

It should work with MPEGS and MPEG2 files though, shouldn't it??

Comment

Shock news! I've managed to get the thing partially working. MPEG2 now plays back in hardware. The problem was I had the filters from the Lygos MPEG2 player installed, these must have been over-riding the Matrox ones. Now I can play MPEG2 either with Media Player or Zoran SoftDVD. Quality is excellent and its better that a seperate decoder card because I don't have to keep swapping leads around as it all goes through the break-out box.
            A problem remains, however. I can't do the same with MPEG1 files. Any ideas??

AMD K63-450
            128MB SDRAM
            Elite P5-VPA+ Motherboard
            Marvel G200 AGP with DVD daughtercard
            Windows 98

Graphics BIOS 2.6 - 20
            Display Driver 4.11.01.2130
            Powerdesk 5.15.0.22
            Direct X7

Comment

Gary,

Is Media Player actually decoding using the DVD module?
              "It's purely for evaluation..."

Comment

I have a Marvel G200 with module DVD. I have acquired module DVD in order to only see files MPEG1 or MPEG2 from me created, not player DVD. I do not succeed to make to work module DVD. The files they come reproduced without acceleration and therefore they do not come sended to escape TV.
                I have tried to unistall Marvel G200 with its driver that soft DVD Zoran with no result. I have tried to create files with LSX 3.0 or DVMPEG, but I do not succeed to see
                on escape TV the video. The files from me created in MPEG1 they are in format VCD,
                but also these are not looked at on escape TV.
                Have written to Matrox Italy and they have
                answered to me that the acceleration hardware for MPEG1 is not supported.
                What I must make?

My system is

Asus P2B
                Celeron 300A
                64M
                HD 8.4M x software
                HD 10G x videoediting
                Marvel G200
                DVD module serie G

Driver G200 4.33 e 1.21

Comment

Yes. Media Player is outputting MPEG2 files direct to TV, MPEG1 does not however. Although I am sure that it is also suppose to output MPEG1 files. Am I correct?

Comment

To me it does not work the media player with mpeg2 on out tv

Comment

Hi Gary
                      About media player being able to output mpeg2 files to tv-out, is there any trick?

Asus A8N-E
                      Opteron 146
                      2x512mb Gkill
                      Seagate SATA 120 gb
                      Plextor Premium/LG GSA-4167B
                      Matrox Parhelia APVe
                      Echo Mia soundboard

Comment

I don't think tehere is any trick with Medai Player outputting MPEG2's. It just worked for me. I am using the latest version of Media Player though, 6.4 I think.

Comment

I don't know anything about the DVD-Martox combo, but I do know that to get MPEG2 out to TV on my dad's Cinemaster, using the original Media Player allowed us to pick the Cinemaster as a device. Doing it that way always got MPEG2 out to video.

Comment

Working...
                          X