Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am still getting corrupted graphics in everything!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am still getting corrupted graphics in everything!

Ever since day one of my computers existence my G400 MAX has been giving me corrupted graphics. While Windows and any program run within is usable, any text displayed in DOS is 100% unreadable jibberish. I tried uninstalling my PD drivers, updating the video BIOS with one from a link a guy gave me in another of my posts, and tried changing the BIOS to one a Matrox consultant sent me. Nothing thus far has worked. I am getting extremely frustrated. I really didn't think I would have this kind of trouble with such an expensive card. At this point I am willing to try anything you can throw at me.

My specs...

Soyo SBA 3 mainboard
    P3 450 (not OC'ed)
    MX300
    G400 MAX (what I thought was my best choice for a card)
    IBM 13.5 gig HDD
    Win 98 SE
    PD 5.30

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for enduring my whinning, and also for any help you can offer my situation.

On a happier note, even though this card doesn't seem to like displaying un-corrupted graphics, it is still blazing fast in every game I have tried. Find the cream filling...

Are you getting the corruption in the DOS prompt from the windows, or when you reboot into DOS? If it is from within windows, check to make sure that you have the correct monitor selected within PD. And make sure that you have the profile set correctly. It sounds like that the video card is sending your monitor a refresh rate it cannot handle. You can also try a different monitor to see if it will remedy the problem.

Rags

Comment

It is corrupted in both DOS's. Even the BIOS and begiining count ups are unreadable. I never though about changing monitors though. I'll go give that a shot as soon as my dad gets of the other comp. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Try going into your BIOS (if you can read it) and disable all shadowing settings that you can find. If that doesn't work, go back in there and enable all of them that you can find

What kind of motherboard do you have? Are you running the most recent BIOS for that motherboard?

Comment

I think that it's your card... try it in another computer, this should let you know... if it is, try contacting matrox, i know that they have BIOS recovery files that usualy fixes these problems

Comment

Working...
          X