Audio output levels...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio output levels...?

Here's a question for all you fine people...

Does anybody else have trouble with their output levels for audio? I usually use Premiere 5.1a, and it seems that to get decent audio levels, I almost have to boost levels to about 175% in the program.

I have all my levels set to 100% for input and output, but it's still difficult to hear sometimes. I hate having to turn the volume up so much higher than normal broadcast TV to hear my stuff. I've tried audio from BOB as well as directly from my sound card (AWE 64).

Other than an external mixer (which is my next step), any ideas?

Thanks!

I find a tremendous difference in input levels between my various soundcards.

Check that you have the right input port to start in with, if you plug line-level into a mike input you'll kill the signal. Next is to check the mixer app that comes with your soundcard to make sure that the appropriate line-in AND RECORD settings are set to around 70% (any more than this and you'd be likely to start getting distortion)

It's possible (but not definite) that some apps use the same settings as the ones that I have mentioned, so it's worth going thru the motions in case this helps out.

Other than that, you need to either hike the signal from your outboard device (if possible), or use a pre-amp between the outboard and the line-in

Comment

Working...
    X