Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks All

All,

I bought the G400 dh 32mb after many years using my trusty mystique 220 & rr. Iwas surprised to get a oem ver in 3 days down here in Aus. I had been having the same trouble of a lot of users on this board. Locking up screen going funny etc etc. I had it on a Gigabyte bxc board and sent the G400 back because of all the probs. While the G4 was being tested at the suppliers, I blew the mb up - Bios flash failed - I bought the Abit Be6. Got card back & still the same probs. After reading all the help you guy's gave to other pople in the same pos as me, I tried all the tricks and tweaks and the G400 is running fine.

Upping the apeture to 256
    Wiping the drivers & booting up twice under the basic drivers.
    Reinstalling drivers 5.25

So thanks again all and keep up the good work and if I can help anybody anytime I will

Regards

Griffo

Pcman, I think he is did a clean install of Windows and used the standard VGA drivers.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Hi,

What do you mean by-Wiping the drivers & booting up twice under the basic drivers ?

SJ

Comment

Fantastic! We need to hear this sort of thing more often!

Did you have trouble with 5.30?

And congratulations on being one of the precious few with the sense to use that search button

Comment

Yes that's exactly what I did.

Wiped the G400 drivers and ran the standard
          vga driver's. I booted twice because sometimes I have noticed that w9x dosen't get it's backside into gear until you fully boot with all the new drivers. Maybe it's just me........

I haven't run 5.30 due to 5.25 is running well.

Comment

Working...
          X