Is this PD issue or ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this PD issue or ....

I recently bought new Hyundai B790 monitor and have found a couple of incompatibility symptoms with my G400...
    When using it in Plug&Pray-mode or with B790 .inf-file installed,it doesn't sync right in 1024X768 mode before entering PD advanced settings and just clicking through "adjust current monitorsettings" (it doesn't seem to change refresh-rate or anything else). All other modes work ok .(Now after I changed the first one to another). Other thing that occurs is that when I'm in PD\ADVANCED..\Adjust.. 1024x768 (16 or 32 bit) PD does allow to move screen horisontally only to left and only shrink screen horisontally.All other resolutions work ok !! Is it just PD or did I get another bad piece of monitor ??? Could someone from Matrox comment this ??? HAIG ???

Jouni
    -J-

Oh...forgot this !
    my system is:

CEL400
    G400SH32M
    Abit BX6r2.31
    Win98SE
    some other stuff..
    -J-

Comment

Have you tried disabling the monitor PnP option in Powerdesk?

Jorden.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Yes, I have tested it.... No affect !!!

J
        -J-

Comment

Ideas ?? Anyone ??? (Was Jorden the only who has ??). Please ! It would be nice to know wether to ask for repair/replace or just
          wait for driver update !!!!
          -J-

Comment

we're thinking, we're thinking!
            jim

------------------
            PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
            128mb pc-100
            Mill G400 (YAHOO!!!) 32mb @ 165/205 with MGATweak), PD 5.30 & bios 1.5-22
            Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
            SB Live!
            Winblows 98se & DX7
            32 lbs. of fans, heatsinks and aluminum ductwork
            3DMark Result 5954.69 3DMarks
            Synthetic CPU 3D Speed 9325.69 CPU 3DMarks
            Rasterizer Score 2791.72 3DRasterMarks
            Game 1 - Race 65.07 FPS
            Game 2 - First Person 54.89 FPS
            Fill Rate 268.79 MTexels/s

System 1:
            AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
            Epox 8K7A
            2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
            an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
            SBLIVE 5.1
            Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
            IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
            Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
            3Com Hardware Modem
            Teac 20/10/40 burner
            Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

never seen that before... have you tried selected a standard monitor type in the Matrox monitor list? Does the monitor works fine with graphic acceleration set to none? ave you tried updating the BIOS on your card?

Comment

Hi Joe,

if you are using an inf file other than ours, then there's a problem with that inf file. As Zwisch said, use on of our standard VGA monitor profiles and use the test mode to see if all is ok.

If you still have a problem with a standard vga monitor inf file, you might have a bad monitor or its specs are way off for that mode.

Haig

Comment

Have done some testing lately, and VESA-standard drivers work ok (but only with RfR 85Hz). Why do G400 need own special .inf file to handle that monitor right, why it doesn't do like TNT2 and S3 cards (I tested) and use just standard .inf-file delivered by Hyundai (http://monitor.hei.co.kr) ? Could matrox possibly make an .inf file for B790 ??

J.
                  -J-

Comment

Working...
                  X