G400 resolution BIG problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 resolution BIG problem!

ok ,here is the broblem. I've just bought a g400 32mb sh and i am stucked in 640x480 in a 19" monitor!!I have an Abit bh6,64mb ram,celleron 300 and 19" hansol monitor.i 've tried the new drivers but nothing.And the monitor is not the problem cause i tried my g400 with an other monitor and still nothing.
    Can anyone please help me?..2 days in 640x480, few more and i ll need glasses

When you go Display Properties > Settings is there's no "Screen Area" box?

What happens when you use MulitRes? http://www.entechtaiwan.com/files/multires.exe

Have you installed Powerdesk v5.30.007?
    ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/win_9x/1999/w9x_530.exe

Is your monitor installed (Display Properties > Settings > Advanced > Monitor)?

Lots of questions sorry

[This message has been edited by Smiff (edited 31 October 1999).]

Comment

What about safe mode. Make sure you only have one display adapter listed in the device manager and try installing the drivers from there.

Comment

MulitRes ?!!! DOH!!

Comment

To be more exact.I have the latest drivers 5.30 and all the utilities that come with matrox.The problem occurs when i try to change the resolution.
          e.x:I put the 800x600x16 i clik on the ok button ,the monitor turns black for a second and then returns to 640x480 and it asks me if i want to keep the changes (! )
          and this happens to all kind of combinations
          800x600,1024x768........

Comment

oo and something else,can someone tell me the Abits url???? i cant find it in the manual nor the cd

Comment

well i just found it,i mean was it so difficult for them to write www.abit-usa.com
              on their manual?????????i guess it was
              So anyone would like to propose any solution for my problem?

Comment

Sounds like your graphics card is just switching to a refresh rate that you monitor can't handle. Look up in the monitor manual (or website if you don't have it) what the maximum refresh rate is for each resolution, then use Matrox Monitor Settings to set them:

(Go Display Properties > Settings > Advanced > Monitor Settings > Adjust a different display mode) You have to repeat for each colour depth (unless of course your screen is in the list already!)

That should sort you out

Comment

Yeah, it sounds like PD isn't reading the proper profile for your monitor. See if there is a listing under PD for your particular monitor and use it.

Rags

Comment

well i wish it was so easy. i have tried that already.My monitor supports up tp 1600x1280.At 1280x1024 85hz.and the only thing i have managed to accomplish was a 1024x768x16 at 70hz (!!) which is not sooo bad exept the fact that i have control of only the half screen!!! -the mouse pointer dissapears at the half down part-

Comment

I've never looked at the Windows drivers for my G400, but I know at work the ATI Rage Fury (with TV-Out) will insist on setting up a virtual desktop at any rez over 800x600 if the TV-out is enabled. Maybe it's a similar problem for you?

Comment

nop, i have the SH model (Single Head) so no Tv-out.This ptoblem is realy getting on my nerves.Having a 19" monitor and 640x480 is real dissapointment

Comment

(Sorry for my English). I had the same with my G400 SH problem when I install the PD 5.30. I don't now for wath raison when I reinsert my video card end reinstall my PD all recame O.K(for the resolution problem. Not all problem). Now I no wath is the problem. When you intall the new driver you must desintall the old one. If this not correct the problem try to reinstall the same PD(not mixt with old one) two or tree time. For me this arenge the problem that I had many time with the resolution(640X480 stuff).
                          My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
                          --------------
                          I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
                          (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
                          Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

Of I forget to say. I are using the same language for the driver and windows. This help me to when I install my driver to my computer. The french one works wen using with windows in french but wen I change for window in English misterisly I was no capable to change resolution
                            My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
                            --------------
                            I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
                            (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
                            Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

Working...
                            X