G400 MAX + Intellimouse Explorer - Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 MAX + Intellimouse Explorer - Help Please

I was just curious, since installing my MAX earlier this week i have noticed something strange with my mouse.

As i have said i have the G400 MAX and the new intellimouse explorer USB.

Before the MAX it was fine, and to be honest it still is except for one very annoying problem.

When i open something the mouse cursor refuses to move until a period after the item has opened. As an example, when i open internet explorer, the mouse cursor freezes, if i move the mouse the cursor jumps about (move from top left to bottom right, suddenly disappears from one corner and reappears in the other corner) Even if i just open the favorites and click a new site, the same thing happens.

I was just wondering if is this a known problem. I only post here because as i said, it didnt happen before installing the MAX. All help would be appreciated.

I have the same thing (Logitech USB). Its a USB issue, nothing to do with the G400, I think. The better your HDD the less noticeable this effect is. Try enabling DMA; that helps alot.

Comment

Are u sure it has nothing to do with the MAX. Ive had the mouse for just under a month and have only just this week added the MAX. Before adding it there was no prob what so ever, it is only since installing the MAX.

Comment

Ahhh. I got my G400 *before* the USB mouse. Puttting 2 and 2 together, I think we may have just turned up a G400 driver flaw.

Haig? Kruzin? You guys getting this?

Comment

Well i do hope there will be a solution to this. Ive never heard this problem before so maybe its just my comp?

It is incredibly annoying!!!!

Comment

I'm with you 100%! We need a Matrox person to tell us if it's a known issue.

Just give them a little time to get here

Comment

There are some known issues with USB system support in Win98. The system device drivers for usb are buggy. I had a tech support request in to microsoft and they confirmed this. No word on when they will release yet another usb fix however.

Comment

I have a max and the new Intellimouse explorer, with zero problems.
                However, My USB is disabled and I use the USB to ps1 converter that came with the mouse.
                Cowboy

Comment

Well i think ill probably have to use the usb-ps2 convertor.

Id rather continue using usb but it is just too annoying to continue with this problem!

Comment

Well, If I had to take a guess, I'd propose that the G400's bus-mastering may be putting a lock on the bus, that doesn't allow the USB to work while the G400 is controlling things.

This wouldn't be the first bus-mastering issue I've seen with Matrox cards. My G200 would make my mp3's sound very choppy when I was doing something active, like scrolling a browser window. It's a driver issue, though. I haven't had the problem under Linux.

-Wombat

------------------
                    K6-2/350@400, 503+ rev 1.2a, 128MB PC100 RAM, Millenium G200, RH6.1 w/ 2.2.12-20, Win98, and too many classes

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

OK

I have just switched from using the mouse in the usb port. I used the supplied ps2 convertor ans put it into the ps2 port and now everything is fine.

However, eventually i do want to switch back to the usb port, so lets hope something is figured out!

Comment

Oh CRAP!!!!

After using the mouse in the ps2 port for the last hour or so, i have noticed that it is still doing the same thing. It is nowhere near as bad as before but it is noticeable. It is much better than through the usb. But basically it is whenever there is something changing on the desktop, eg. new web page opening.

Comment

Well at least you have the PS2 widget option...

...i cunningly knocked my ps2 ports off

Comment

Running a Intellimouse Explorer that I just picked up today on W98se and have 0 problems.
                            I hope you guys figure out whats up. I also run a HP6200 usb scanner and a Creative Modem Blaster usb.There are USB Boards that can help. I do not think it is a MATROX problem.

------------------
                            PIII-450@504, 128 HDSRAM, Asus P3BF, G400/32, SBLive!, Nokia 447Xi 17", oh yea, a nice floppy drive

Comment

you know the address of some of those USB boards, cuz I have some odd non-matorx related usb stuff going on I'd like to get fixed, since M$ has no clue.

Comment

Working...
                              X