Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVDMax TV out overscan

Greetings all,
    I have been using my G400Max to watch DVD's for a some time now and while I am very happy with the overall quality, I have noticed a problem that looks a bit like overscan.
    When comparing the DVD image area on my monitor to what I get on my TV I find that I am 'losing' about 1/2 and inch of detail around the edge of my TV. I know this can vary a bit from TV to TV but I have tried it on several types - Panasonic/Sony/Philips - and they all lose about the same about of detail.
    Anyway, I am wondering if this is normal for the G400 TV out (is everyone else getting this problem) in which case I can live with it (hey, what do you really want from a $120 DVD player) or is this a problem?
    Another logical question would be, is this 'really' overscan and can you adjust the settings on your card to 'shrink' the image?

Thanks,
    Electrosaurus

FYI,
    DVDMax is set to Preserve Aspect Ratio and Detect Based on Video Window Size.
    I am using the composite connector, on a standard (4:3) TV.

What your seeing is just Overscan in Action. ALL TV's, no matter what brand, have an area of overscan that will always be out the image. TV's allow you to see about 702 pixels across, while full NTSC or PAL width is actually 720 pixels.

Always happens on a TV unless you got a Sony Wega and you have component output on yer DVD player But thats a tad more on the high end. Other than that, ya just have to live with it.
    A computer is like sex. Your never 100% sure what your doing but when all goes well, it feels REAL good.

Comment

Working...
    X