TV out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV out

Thanks for previous responses to everyone,but I still have same problem. I have 25ft quad shielded w/gold connectors. Problem is: as soon as I plug the cable into my g400, the TV screen gets faint and has wide fainter lines. I used the same cable and plugged directly into my vcr and the problem didn't happen. It appears that it may be the monitor adapter that came w/g400. Looking at the RCA part of the adapter, it doesn't appear to be shielded. Is there another analog to coax adapter that I can get instead of using Matrox's. Note: problem even happens w/the computer off.

------------------
    "I will stop...the first wave"

After rereading you're past posts, I notice that you mentioned that this problem occurs with the PC off. Obviously, there wouldn't be any PC induced interference if there is no power supplied to you're PC (standby mode is another matter). I'm confused as to what you're setup is and which connections you've tried. Can you please restate this more clearly. I believe you are running a consumer DVD connected to you're home theatre system versus a PC DVD. When you say you connect the same cable to the VCR w/o problems do you mean running the RG6 between the VCR and TV or between the G400 and VCR? What do you mean the image goes faint when you connect the cable? The screen would be black (or whatever you're TV defaults to) when there is no signal present. Please clarify.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I'm using a PC Pioneer 10x.Plays on the monitor great. I have a retail g400 dual head. I know 25ft is long but I heard other people are using 50ft w/no apparent problem. I'm using 25ft coax cable w/quad sheilding w/RCA connectors(I don't have svideo). When I plug the cable between the vcr (video out) to the TV, there is no picture loss. When I hook same cable between my tv or DVD(of course using the matrox supplied adapter), the picture screen becomes very light(almost grey). It happens on either of my video in's, even if the pc is off. DVD's play on the TV but it's light and there are 2inch light grey lines that travel vertically when played. Thanks for any advice

------------------

Comment

Sorry Xortam, I mentioned other guys using longer cable, I just remembered that was you.
        I know it is strange that it's happening even when pc is off. Just so you'd know, when I switch my TV from regular viewing to Video input, the screen is black, as soon as I hook the cable up to the Graphics card, the blackness gets light(as if the contrast was turned down)

------------------

Comment

As far as I'm concerned I have a 7 meters (=20 feet)s-video cable between my G400 and a wide screen tv.
          I built it out of 2 runs of cheap coax.
          No problems so far.

Comment

Cade Foster, I'm still a bit confused. What do you mean by ...
            When I hook same cable between my tv or DVD(of course using the matrox supplied adapter)
            Obviously, you don't have DB9 video out on you're PC DVD. I assume you mean the cable is connected (via Matrox TV adapter and RCA terminated RG6) between the G400 and your TV while watching DVDs. But the problem appears by simply connecting the cable to the G400 on a powered down PC.
            One thing you might try is having the PC and TV use the same ground. The symptom you describe could possibly be caused by difference in ground potential. You know the coax and RCA adapters are good because you tested this with the connection from the VCR to the TV. You might want to connect you're monitor up to the second head and see if it looks good. This doesn't sound like the problem since you have the problem with the PC being powered off.

[This message has been edited by xortam (edited 31 October 1999).]
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

The 2 inch wide band scolling up the screen is caused by a ground problem. This will happen when the two sets are on a different power line in the house. Try running a case ground to the ground plug on the outlet (round one).
              Mine: Epox EP-8KTA3, Matrox G400 32mb DH + RRG, Athlon 1.2/266, 256mb, WD 30gb ATA100, Pio 32x CDROM, Adaptec 2940U2W, WD 18.3GB 10k U2W, Yamaha CDRW4416, Pio DVD-303, Scsi Zip 100, Seagate 10/20 Gb tape, SBlive platinum, Linksys 10/100 nic, HP 712c printer, HP 6200 scanner, Linksys 4port cable router, Linksys 2port print server/switch
              Hers: Epox EP-3VSA, G400 32mb SH, PIII 750, 256mb, WD 10gb, Pio 6x DVD, Zip 250, Diamond S90, Linksys 10/100 nic

Comment

Working...
              X