G400Max Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max Installation

This is my first post in this forum, so please bear with me if this has been covered.

I have been a very happy G200 user for about a year. I have a G400Max on order, and my dealer says it will be here tomorrow (I'll believe it when I see it). Anyway, my question is this:

I have installed the 5.3 drivers already. My SBLive! and G200AGP are not sharing or in conflict. When my G400 arrives , can I just power down, swap cards, and power back up?? My slots and IRQ's are all taken up- and then some. Not having to do the "IRQ dance" would be very desirable!!!

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Barney

My system:
    PIII 450 oc'd to 504 (112 fsb)
    Abit BX6 Rev 2 mobo
    128 megs pc-100 DIMMS (2 x 64)
    WD 4 gig HD
    WD 8 gig HD
    Promise ATA- 66 controller
    SBLive! sound card
    Voodoo2 12 meg (will remove when G400 installed)
    40x CD
    HP 8210i CD-RW
    Zip
    Umax SCSI scanner

Keep us posted Barney....

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Hey! Where did you get the card?

Comment

Is your G200 currently on it's own IRQ? If so it shouldn't be a problem. Just switch to a Standard VGA driver first, power down, switch cards, and then run the 5.30 setup again after rebooting so it will load the proper drivers for the G400 and setup the TurboGL since you have a PIII. And if you do have any problems please come back here and we will help you.

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I got the card (remember, it's not in my hands yet ) from a small parts dealer in Washington DC.

As for IRQs - My G200 is sharing IRQ 10 with the Promise controller card and a PCI steering IRQ holder. Do you think that will pose any problems??

Thanks again for the replies, and I'll keep you posted as to whether the install works or not.

Barney

Comment

I would definitely get the promise on another IRQ... hard drive and video card both take a lot of ressources and will cause problems...

Comment

Working...
            X