• Show
Clear All

• O'clock QUESTION !!!

Hay, men !

What the hell is that WARP CLOCK ?

I know what is CORE & MEMORY clock, but
    what about this one.
    Thanks.

It's the clock that controls the WARP engine (seriously). She cannie tek no more cap'n.

Comment

These are the voyages of the starship Anterprise. Murc out.
      P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

I'm trying to think of a witty reply...oh i give up

What's a WARP engine do then? I was wondering this myself...not enougth actually bother asking, but mildy curious all the same

oh btw ssa there are women around these parts too, guys have even been known to find that special some1 right here in this forum

Comment

I've gone and overdone the smileys again haven't I?

Comment

no I don't think so
            jim
            System 1:
            AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
            Epox 8K7A
            2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
            an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
            SBLIVE 5.1
            Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
            IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
            Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
            3Com Hardware Modem
            Teac 20/10/40 burner
            Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

That's actually kind of creepy Jim....

...all those little faces winking at me in perfect unison. Think "Eugenics". Think "Holocaust".

Wanna see something really disturbing? WARNING THIS IS NOT A JOKE, ITS REALLY UNPLEASANT http://user.mc.net/dougp/ahm/cor1.htm

That's the trouble with the net. One minute your happily dicussing graphics cards and the next you stumble upon that.

Comment

WARP is the triangle setup engine inside the G200/G400 core. That's all I can tell you. I'm not a 3D programmer.

And, I'm rather confused sometimes. From the articles which I read in the past, I was told that 3D processing takes 3 major stages, Geometry Transform, Triangle Setup, and Rasterization. Geometry Transform(is it the same as T&L?) is FP-intensive while Triangle Setup is integer-based. However, most current mass 3D accelerators are using FP-engine for triangle setup. Matrox WARP is an example.

Perhaps someone with better understanding of 3D programming will clear the confusion here.

KJ Liew

Comment

Working...
                X