Yet more on AGPX2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet more on AGPX2

Follows yet another G-200, AGPX2 problem, sorry to those sick of em.

I have a MS-5169 mobo (Alladin V) K62/300 and a MGA G-200 AGP card. Both the motherboard and the Card are in theory AGPX2 but only run at AGPX1. I used powerstrip to check out the rate and this suggested that the mobo was the problem with AGPX@ being disabled in firmware. So I go to the registry keys of the ALI Agp drivers, change the AGP data rate key, reboot and no change still AGPx1. I try disabling Side band Adressing and suddenly AGP X2 is shown. However on this setting running any hardware accelerated game Causes a lock up plus black screen.

Can I get AGP x2 without disabling SBA?

Would the Reghacks to force AGPX2 on my G200 help?

Why should disabling SBA on MOBO give me AGPX2?

Is there a Way of disabling SBA on the Card
    too so I can maybe Get AGPX2?

HELP!!

------------------
    Underclocked and trying to escape.
    Underclocked and trying to escape.

The short answer would be: Don't worry about this AGP1X/2X thing, it's not worth it.
    P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

I agree with Scytale, the problem seems to be with teh AGp driver from ALI since I managed to get 2x with some version and now I am also stuck to 1X... registry hack did not even help...

Comment

Working...
      X