No announcement yet.

Matrox is bad (comments from the news)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox is bad (comments from the news)

After reading that letter shown on the front page (from Tim Barnes), I had a few things come to mind.

I used to work in Montreal at a computer store, right down the road from Matrox (5 minutes). While Ingram Micro was one of our suppliers, we did receive Matrox boards from other people as well (notably Supercom). By all means this could have changed since 6 months ago. Or I could have a faulty memory. I do believe the supplier of the G200 I purchased was Supercom (I experienced lots of difficulties with Ingram Micro, if you want the range of products, good prices, and bad after sales stuff, go with IM).

Seeing as I ran the RMA dep't, I had to contact Matrox a few times about boards that we could not return to the suppliers. I never encountered any difficulties with Matrox, and the guy there that I talked to even stopped by the warehouse to drop of drivers and diagnostic program to the assemblers and techs.

I also question the whole graphics card cycles are 6 months. The G200-G400 was ~1 year. The V2 to V3 was about 1 year. Nvidia seems to be rushing things out the door with the 6 month cycle more than anyone else. ATI is still using the chip it had last year at about this time in it's new products. Where's the 6 month cycles? By one company?

Didn't you know? NVIDIA is the only company that makes video cards for the PC, the G400 I am using right now is actually a sound card that connects to my monitor.

Comment

Working...
    X