Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual desktop in G400 ?

Hi !

Just have one short question : Does anyone know how to get the virtual desktop in Powerdesk 5.25 for G400 ?
    This is really important issue for me so I would be grateful for any help.

Thanx
    mayhem

There is no virtual desktop in any 5.xx drivers (never has been).

There is "extend desktop to this monitor", when in multi-monitor mode, though...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

well, i got a g400 SH 32mb OEM yipee and hey, shit, no virtual desktop - this after 3yrs with mill 8mb pci - i really miss it soooooo back in with the mill and i left the g400 in too - now i have dual 'monitors' in display/settings - no. 1 is the mill, no. 2 is the g400, they are both connected to an iiyama 8617 and i can switch it's input between bnc and d-sub - so what you might be wondering - well, the mill has desktop 2048x1536 @ 1024x768res and the g400 has desktop 1024x768 @ 1024x768res(highest it will allow is 1280x1024 - from monitor specs?) - this is with PD 5.30.007 - so to blame it all on PD seems a bit 'unfair'? anyway does anyone know what determines which adaptor/monitor is regarded as no.1 and how to swap them over???

och, aye, techdemo still does nothing......

aaaaand if PD 5.30 doesn't support virtual desktops why mention it in Hot Keys settings ??

arth

Comment

I still miss that feature too. It was available with my original Millenium I and was tops. It would be nice with my G400.

Only thing is, I'm still trying to figure out how "virtual desktop" would look when using the "extended desktop" (with 2 monitors). Might get kinda interesting! Hope Matrox decides to make it available as a feature again.

------------------
        Ace
        "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
        Gainward Ti4600
        AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Blame no 'virtual desktop' on Microsoft. It doesn't meet their criteria for drivers. Some [insert choice expicative] like that.

Mark F.

------------------
          OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
          --------------------------------------------------
          OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
          and burped out a movie

Comment

I knew why Matrox didn't include it in their PD 5.xx drivers. I'm just hoping they do something innovative, like 3DFX (okay, so maybe not so innovative), and create a non-certified version of some of their drivers that includes the feature. 3DFX did something along those lines with their control panel utilities for the V2 (and possibly again for the V3), allowing the end-user to decide whether to use only fully-certified controls, or to use the better featured utilities.

------------------
            Ace
            "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
            Gainward Ti4600
            AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Hi all,

there is a little tool that might alleviate your pain while waiting for VDesktop to reappear.
              Try DesktopTwister32 from http://members.aol.com/SuperFlago
              This gives you up to 9 virtual desktops, it's freeware, runs on 9x and NT4.
              Quite a different thing from VD but it serves the same purpose, getting more workspace on the desktop.

Phun,
              Hellmut

Comment

Working...
              X