Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't ajust video levels when playing video files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't ajust video levels when playing video files?

Hi,

I've been using Myst220/RRS combo and plan to buy a Marvel G400 to replace it. But when I tried my friend's Marvel G400, I found I couldn't ajust video levels when playing a video file. I couldn't find the Rainbow Runner settings under Active Movie or Windows Media Player either. Is that normal? Does Matrox cancle the video ajustment for video files playing on Marvel G400? Or my
    frieds didn't install the driver or video tools correctly?

Anyone can help? Thanks a lot!

Fengzi

I can't speak for the G400 marvel but on the G200 Marvel if you playback in PC-VCR and bring up the options screen (the little gear-like wheel icon) you can access the four TV display sliders. Doing so while playing video would usually crash or lock up my system but doing it on a "paused" playback frame was fine. The settings seem to hold across reboots and affect media player and anything else using the dmb1 codec for computer screen display.

OTOH, my monitor was previously calibrated for photoshop using the "Adobe gamma tool" and I found the Matrox defaults were about right after playing with it a bit.

You might be better off looking for one of these photoshop-like monitor gamma calibration test files and set your monitor up right and work from that rather than adjusting the video controls.

Generally optimum monitor settings for hirez photos or video is *not* the best looking text display.

--wally.

Comment

Fengzi,

Double click the Powerdesk icon in the systray (or rightclick the desktop to bring up display properties). Go to the "settings" tab and click the "advanced" button.

Now pick the TV Output tab and then "Advanced TV settings". And voila, your outpur setting sliders. In any application.

Comment

Thank you for your help!
        I tried but I couldn't find the "TV Output" tab in the advanced settings. The only thing about TV output is under DualHead settings, which has no advanced settings for TV output. I can find the video tab under "TV" and "Line-in" when I use Matrox PC-VCR, and I have no problem with the four sliders. When I change to "File", the tab disappears. If I click the first button (sliders on the icon), it tells me no ajustment.
        ??? something wrong???

Comment

Fengzi,

ask your friend to install the latest drivers (display and video tools)for the marvel.

once that's done go to pc vcr properties and click advanced. there you should see "pc vcr output window" check the box marked "output to video line out".-

evil

Comment

Working...
          X