SSH (Windows) and Powerdesk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSH (Windows) and Powerdesk

This is a strange one. I went to put SSH on my box (16 bit so that I can access my buddies server to start a quake3 server remotely) and it kept stopping in the setup. I narrowed it down to a setupres.dll file. Here is the quandry. Matrox PD also uses a setupres.dll file for my G400. This means that these two cannot seemingly exist on the same box. I tried to use the 32bit version of SSH (which does install) but it uses different protocols than the remote server does. Is there anyway to clear this up?

Area

Hi Area.

Why not try Tera Term Pro? http://www.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html
    And this is SSH for Tera term Pro: http://www.zip.com.au/~roca/ttssh.html

It is the best free ssh klient I know about. No problems, it just works.

/Rimfaxe

[This message has been edited by Rimfaxe (edited 28 October 1999).]

Comment

Bless you. It works flawlessly. By the way...I calculated the odds on the dll's having the same name, and assuming that there is and 11 character cap the odds are:
      1:3.7E15 if only characters are used and
      1:1.3E17 if only characters and numbers are used
      This stuff only happens to me!!!

Area

Comment

Area, it's not like you think. That particular .DLL is probably part of some shared library that both the SSH people and Matrox are using. Matrox, since they're now building PowerDesk for both Win9x and Win2k, are presumably using the newest and bestest version of the .DLL, whereas the SSH people are, as you said, not - since it's an old version.

Glad Terra Term worked for you, it didn't do what I wanted personally.

- Ash

------------------
        G. U. R. M. It's not hard to spell, is it? Then don't screw it up!
        The word "Gurm" is in no way Copyright 1999 Jorden van der Elst.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
        X