Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Misery comes in little coloured blocks (a DVD story)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misery comes in little coloured blocks (a DVD story)

Like many who post in this forum, I use the Matrox G400 DVD Player to watch movies in super-whizzo-vision. Being a brave soul, I also upgrade the Cinemaster engine on which the Matrox Player is based, and use the excellent DVD Region Selector to play both Region 1 & 2 DVD movies.

That is, until about two weeks ago.

Having performed a Cinemaster & Region Selector upgrade, my DVD movie playback became corrupted by little coloured blocks all over the window (also in full-screen mode). The audio playback would stutter too and the whole player would lock up after a few seconds. Boo hoo.

After much fiddling I've found that if I uncheck the "Hardware Acceleration" box in the DVD Region Selector, that DVD movie playback returns to normal. This isn't such a hardship, as the G400 doesn't accelerate MPEG-2 decoding in hardware anyway.

I hope this information helps anyone else afflicted with little coloured blocks.

Did you try changing the TYPE of hardware acceleration before you turned it off entirely? Of course your hardware doesn't to iDCT, but it does do motion comp. and scaling...

- Ash

------------------
    G. U. R. M. It's not hard to spell, is it? Then don't screw it up!
    The word "Gurm" is in no way Copyright 1999 Jorden van der Elst.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
    X