Need Help on Dead G200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help on Dead G200

Try the video card in a different computer if you can. If it works, you are not having a problem with the video card.

Are you getting any beeps on POST? How many and log or short in duration?

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 27 October 1999).]

Go read Greg's (GBM's) G200 bios story....he may have the answer you need...

http://grafi.ii.pw.edu.pl/gbm/matrox/

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 27 October 1999).]
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Need Help on Dead G200

Hello All,
      I would like to know if there is any way to revive an apparently dead Matrox G200 (8MB SGRAM) AGP. I was using the 5.30 drivers and upgrading the bios of the video card per the instructions with bios_104.exe. I made the emergency rescue disk, and clicked OK to upgrade the bios, but the system immediatly froze. I left it that way for 3 hours, thinking the update would take that long, then I shut it down. I restarted with the rescue disk, but the floppy drive just makes a spinning noise, and there is no image on the monitor. A red led on the monitor tells me there is no signal being received from the video card. I left the rescue disk in the drive for four hours, but was not successful in reviving the card.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Is there a way I can revive the card?

My system specs are below:
      Video: Matrox Millennium G200 8 MB SGRAM AGP
      original bios version 3.45
      MB: FIC 503+ r.1.0 MVP3 "CD" version
      MB Drivers: VIA 4 in 1 v.4.14 (except W98 bus master)
      CPU: AMD K62-350 not o/c
      Memory: 128 MD SDRAM PC100
      HDD: Maxtor 10GB
      Sound: Diamond Sonic Impact S90 PCI
      Fax/modem: Shark MM 56k V.90 ISA
      I/O card: Amedia Super Parallel Port
      Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 5c

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
      roadrunr

Comment

Thank you for your replies. At this time I have no PC speaker because the wires broke off from the many connecting/unconnecting over the years. I could not tell how many beeps. Another AGP card works. I used the dead bios recovery instructions given in the website provided by Kruzin, and now the Matrox card is back in use.

Thank you again for the help.

roadrunr

Comment

Working...
        X