MGATweak is great (Poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGATweak is great (Poll)

been playing with MGA tweak. Can overclock Fo to 180 from 168, not terribly impressive.

However, the SGRAM optimization tools gave took me from 29.1 to 31.5 FPS in Q2. The settings for me were:
    3,1,2,4,2,1,FAST,1,1,1,0,0 3777.

This is even with the 8MB upgrade I bought from a third party vendor for 25bucks.

More importantly, I don't get any visual defects at all in the game, unlike when I push the PLL clock.

Anyone else care to share their experiences?

I myself am pretty impressed with the program.

------------------
    G200 16MB SG
    PD 5.25, Bios 2.6, DX7
    Celeron 400(500 oc'd)
    Asus P3B-F 1.01A
    Bios 1.003
    256MB PC100
    SBLive Value, liveware 2.0
    Microsoft Intellimouse USB (IntelliEye, baby)

System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Yup. MgaTweak is the dog's wotsits IMHO. Major hat's off to kjliew. If I wasn't a 100% heterosexual, happily married bloke I'd want to have his kids (not really, no...). At least my card still kicks ass.

I can't remember what my settings are on my home machine but it *significantly* bumped up my benchmarks. Glad to hear that you were able to o/c you G200 even with the memory upgrade.

I have a feeling though this thread will be moved over to MGA Tools forum, the vast empty desert that it is frequented only by the once majestic, now aging beast, the Geetwohundredosaurus. Here they eek out a basic and lonely existance. Evolutionary dead ends living off of almost inedible driver scraps that give them gas, they await the evitable end - only native non-optimised OS support. When will it come? Who knows? Does anyone care? Sob, sniff

Cheers

Comment

Working...
    X