Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reinstall of millg200 after another card

Hello:
    I put this system together some months ago with a millg200 but I have never been very pleased with the drivers. Then I tried a viper v770 for about a month and could not get direct3d anything to work except the directx diagnostic, so I pulled it out and sold it to a friend with a pII system and put the matrox back in mine. It works the same as before except that when it boots, it gets to the point where it changes to the desktop resolution and then just sits there for 25 or so seconds before loading the desktop. I have raster, but nothing else. I have uninstalled all the viper drivers and deleted everything related to them from c: as well as the registry. In safe mode only one display adapter is listed. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
    System:
    Aopen Ax59pro
    AMD k6-2 475 @500
    256mb sdram
    promise uata/66+2 wd hdd's
    millg200agp 16mb irq10 by itself 5.20drivers
    sblive value
    cdrom and hp cdr on m/b ide channels
    iiyama vision master pro 450 monitor
    Thanks in advance

Have you tried the uninstaller, let it run its course of 2 reboots, then installed 5.30 drivers?

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million-to-one", he said.

Comment

Nonooo! not the 5.30 drivers! They will give you problems with your MVP3 chipset, you won't be able to run 3D-apps. It will crash with a BSoD.

The 5.25 drivers will work, somehow...

You see, after all that time Matrox still hasn't come up with good drivers...

Comment

I was using the 5.21 drivers before installing the viper. I will try the double uninstall and the 5.25 drivers and then light 200 candles and pray to the gods of matrox for forgiveness. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X