Millenium G200 + Hitachi 19" 751 Monitor Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millenium G200 + Hitachi 19" 751 Monitor Problem

I just got a 19" Hitachi Superscan 751 monitor. I'm using a Millenium G200 AGP video card with the latest drivers and Bios and also installed the latest drivers for the monitor. My problem is that at 1152x864 my screen "jitters" at the end, the screen actually shrinks horizontally slightly couple of times a second and this gets very annoying. This doesnt happen at resolutions 800x600 or lower and doesnt happen at 60Hz at any resolution. Any idea what the problem could be? Defective monitor? Defective g200? I emailed Hitachi, no response yet, but its only been a day.

Running G200 with a Hitachi 753. No problems at all, but I use 1280 x 1024 for default desktop rez. 1152 x 864 is an oddball rez...why bother with it? With a 19", 1280 x 1024 is kinda a 'standard default' for viewing. Is this the only resolution that gives you a problem? If so...skip it.

BTW..just set mine to 1152 x 864 to see what happened. Although the geometry was way off (since I never use that rez), saw no real problems...

Comment

I would try again with teh 5.25 drivers since I do not personally trust the 5.30 with a G200... but still it shouldn't do this... try putting acceleration to none or select a standard monitor in the matrox monitor selection list.

Comment

Hitachi replied saying that I have to get my monitor repaired, and it's a brand new monitor, go fig. The thing that really annoys me is that I have to ship the monitor to them which ends up costing me around $50, 19" monitors are heavy. I replied saying that it's not my problem and that they should pay for shipping, waiting for a reply. Hopefully it'll work out. Any thoughts on whether they'll pay or not?

Comment

If I were you I'd check out the timings and refresh rate being used by PowerDesk before shipping my monitor back.

If the thing looks OK at 1280x1024@60Hz, then the problem at 1152x864 is likely to be with the signal the monitor is receiving, not the monitor.

Comment

Ummmm...in addition, unless you live in friggin' Fairbanks or something, ought to be someplace local that can repair the thing under warranty...come to think of it, could probably find someone in Fairbanks to do it also..

Comment

Well, just got my CM752ET some time ago, and atleast in my warranty card it says:

".. HHEE will, trough its service organisations, repair or replace the monitor, at its option, at no charge.."

and

"During the warranty period, HHEE (= Hitachi Home Electronics Europe ) offers this service ON-SITE within the EC".

=)

Pe-Te

Btw, just love DH ( Hitachi 19" CM752ET 1600x1200@83 and Nokia 449E 1024x768@76 )

Comment

If I understood what you say correctly, you're having exactly the same problem I had with my 753ET. The image looks as if you're watching interlaced video at the very top of the monitor. I had emailed Hitachi about this. They replied the next day suggessting that I should play with the moire settings. It did fix the problem but the text appeared a bit ugly. Anyway it only happened at high res and at high refresh rates. Image quality is perfect in 1024x768@85Hz I'm currently using.

------------------
                PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Comment

Working...
                X